Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Catch The Bug Challenge–Anything Goes!

                    P1020907
                                                            P1020912

I love the “Stella” images at Catch the Bug store.  This one was a freebie and she is called “Stella and So Many Candles” with the sentiment to go with it.  I sure know how she feels, I got a birthday coming up, and there will definitely be too many candles to blow out!!

The layout for the card is a Sketch challenge at  Create4fun challenge blog.  I colored the image with copics, and used the Spellbinder round and scalloped dies to cut and layer the image.  The border punch is from Martha Stewart.  I used frosty pink stickles on the present, and clear stickles on the candles and her hat.  I also used liquid applique on the frosting and then added some clear glitter.  The flowers were made from the matching cardstock (leftovers).  I also made a gift bookmark to go with the card.  The tassel is made from embroidery thread.  The ribbon and brads are leftover stash.

Other Challenges:
Top Tip Tuesday – Challenge #16 Metal Mickey
Stamp Something – Something With Glitter
Catch The Bug – Challenge Anything Goes
By The Cute and Girly – January Challenge Bling It On
Karber Weekly – Challenge #19 use Flowers
Simon Says Stamp Challenge – Time To Party/Celebrate
Crazy 4 Challenge – C4C68 Celebrate Something

Well, that’s my last post for today.  Thanks for coming by and checking them out.  Have a great week.

Marilyn

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing the Karber Weekly Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one fab card, love the image and design. Thanks for joining us over on BTC&G. nnaloracxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stella is so great, I love her. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn I love what you've done with Stella! She's colored beautifully and your layout, wow! The lacy look is so pretty and the way you made the corner. Very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable Marilyn! I LOVE the colors and layout! Your matching bookmark is awesome! I'm so glad you joined Catch the bug again!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this card is simply fabulous! I love all the details you did on this card, it is so sweet! Thank you for playing along this week in the anything goes challenge on the Catch the Bug Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marilyn! How are you? I love the card, your edge punch is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this is too funny! Love the image and sentiment combo! And what a fun sketch too, and great colors!
    Thank you so much for playing along at stamp something. Hope you'll check back tomorrow for a brand new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh awesome card! so funny! love the brads too! thanks for joining in with our Challenge at Tip Top Tuesday, don't forget you can enter as many projects as you like!
    Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a GORGEOUS card. I love all the detail. Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug for our January Anything Goes Challenge!. I hope you'll join us again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! You won 3rd place in the Bug A Boo Stamps Anything Goes challenge at Catch The Bug my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love a granny with bling! Thanks for entering it at By The Cute And Girly, hope to see you again next month.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete