Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Catch The Bug Tuesday Mini Challenge–Bling!

This is the second mini challenges with Bugaboo Stamps to celebrate their 1st birthday.  The theme is bling, and we were given this cute little “Clown” image to play with.

            Clown Bugaboo Stamps          Clown Bugaboo Stamps (2)          Clown Bugaboo Stamps (3)

So, I decided to keep it simple, and let the image take center stage.  I used vellum to make a sleeve for the card, then I stamped and embossed it with silver embossing powder to make it sparkly.  To finish it off I wrapped it with purple ribbon tied with a bow.  I used the Sakura puff pens to add dimension on the flowers, which unfortunately you can’t see in the pictures.  To give it more bling I added purple gems in the corners.

Well, there you have it, hope you will come back tomorrow to see the Wednesday mini challenge with Bugaboo Stamps.

Marilyn

8 comments:

  1. wow....what a novel idea....thanks for sharing and I love the colors too. I guess you used copic markers or watercolor pencils?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the "wow"! And you used purple....my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I adore purple... my hair is that colour I love it so much lol...

    Absolutely fab card!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I love this Marilyn!! Gorgeous colors! Thanks for joining in the Bugaboo mini-challenge! Good luck!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the vellum to make a sleeve for the card, very cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet, and you colored it beautifully. Thanks for joining us this week at Catch the Bug Challenge Blog for our Bling/clown Challenge!!! Thanks for taking the time to create another challenge for our Birthday bash event. Good Luck! Thanks Again, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Love Love this card! Purple is my all time favorite color and as soon as it saw it over at 'The Outlawz' - I had to come by and see your blog!

    I'm also a follower and very happy your joined our Challenge.

    Your cards are all wonderful..
    Lis

    PS: We seem to share the same love of many digi artists, including Bugaboo, Michelle Perkett and Tiddly Inks -- they are all fun and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for joining in the celebration for Bugaboo's first birthday. It's been a huge success and make sure that you check the blog to see if you've won any of the prizes!!!
    TFS
    Paul
    http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete