Sunday, January 30, 2011

So Sweet Cupcakes

                  So Sweet Cupcakes

This “sweet” little image is a freebie from Michelle Perkett Studios.  She is sponsoring the Embellishments Challenge at CDAC, and it’s running till February 9th.  The embellishment requirements were to use Hearts, Glitter, and Rhinestones.  There is still plenty of time if you want to participate in this challenge.

So this image is a combination of coloring and paper piecing.  I colored the red hearts and the cupcake topper, but then I added pink glitter to the cupcake.  The plate and wrapper were paper pieced.

I cut out a heart shaped card with the Cricut Wildcard cartridge.  For the lace around the edges, I used a Martha Stewart punch.  To do this, I punched a straight line, and then cut right to the lace edge, and then glued it under the designer paper.  Then I just added the hearts and rhinestones, then finished it off with a bow.

Other Challenges:

Craft Your Days Away – Challenge #12 LOVE

Mark's Finest Papers – Challenge #40 Valentine Cards

Aud Sentiments – Challenge #20 Use Sentiment With Love Theme

Thanks for stopping!

Marilyn

7 comments:

  1. Yummy cupcakes! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn, I just found your blog and must say I love your style of cards. I have just become a follower and will be checking back often for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet! I love the glitter. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet card Marilyn. Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, love the sparkly frosting!
    Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I just love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Aud Sentiments Challenge blog for our latest challenge! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marilyn, what a pretty card, I love the image and colours. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our love challenge, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete