Monday, February 14, 2011

Catch The Bug – Different Fold!

                           P1030128

This weeks challenge at Catch The Bug, is to use a different fold instead of the usual on your card.  I decided to do an easel card, one of my favourites!  I used the Friday Freebie “Clyde”.  He is so adorable!  My grandson will be three in May, so I might just put this one away for him.

The image was colored with copics, and I added some clear MS glitter to his wings.  The designer papers are from the Oliver Paper Pad by Basic Grey.   I made the brick background with the same papers.  Then after I gave the whole thing a coat of modge podge glue, I wanted it to be shiny, and also make sure none of the “bricks” came off over time.  I used Tim Holtz “Peeled Paint” stickles on the number 3.  Then layered the number on card stock cut with the Spellbinders round and scalloped dies.  The border punch is by Martha Stewart.

Challenges:

Sketch N Stash – Challenge #55 Sketch.

Pollycraft Monday – Challenge #80 Special Birthdays!

Incy Wincy Designs – Challenge #81 Color Me Wonderful (Copics and Stickles)

Karber Weekly – Challenge #25 Digi Stamp and Birthday.

Lollipop Crafts – Challenge #26 Your Favourite Color Medium (Copics)

Pile It On – Challenge #7 Love Plaid.

Have a great week everyone!

Marilyn

13 comments:

  1. This is WONDERFUL!!!! LOVE that brick wall too. Gotta figure out how you did that now. VERY cute card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute card and image. And what wonderful coloring. Thanks for playing with Lollipop Crafts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous easel card and beautiful job coloring Clyde! I love the bricks, design and color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo.... He's so cute, Marilyn! I love the bricks, and your coloring is fabulous! Great easel card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Clyde, he's adorable!! And this card would be perfect for a little boy!! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Marilyn, luv the image he's such a cutie ...fab layout!

    Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash ...good luck!

    xx Lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Marilyn this is ADORABLE!! I love the brick wall...and your coloring is gorgeous!! Your Grandson will love this!! ...and thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marilyn, you do know how to take my breath away!!! It's not just your gorgeous coloring/shading - It's the whole layout, patterns, and textures! I love the color saturation of your project! Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug’s A Different Kind of Fold challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clyde looks adorable. Great card. Fantastic job with the image. Thanks for joining in with us at Catch the Bug and our 'Different Fold' challenge
    TFS
    Paul
    http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smokin' colouring on this dragon... wowsers, he just glows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, Marilyn- great image and a fab take on our sketch!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about your card! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week! Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marylin, This is just so darn cute. I'm sure your grandson will love it. What a fun fold and great plaid. Thanks for playing along with Pile It On this week.

    ReplyDelete