Wednesday, February 2, 2011

CS Designs–Willamina And Her Wand

Well, it’s snowing like crazy here, and I decided to use some bold and bright colors on my card today, sort of chase away the winter blues!!  This adorable image is from CS Designs, and it’s called “Willamina And Her Wand”.  She is a new release by Chris Stern owner of CS Designs.

                                     Willamina and Her Wand

Well, am I right or what!  She is so darn adorable!  I hope you will check out CS Designs, you will fall in love with them!

So, instead of making just a card, I figured this digi deserved something better.  I decided to make a Surprise Pop Up Easel Card.  The picture above is the card closed. 

                          Willamina and Her Wand (2)

So here is the “Pop Up” part, and a surprise sentiment on the inside.  I found the tutorial for this on YouTube, I just decided to  make the card bigger.

The digital image was colored with copics.  I added some punched out stars to her shirt, to co-ordinate with her hair and wand.    I stitched around the layers with pink thread.  The rose bud was made with left over card stock.  The card actually opens, so that you can write or add another sentiment on the inside.  The easel part is connected to a tag with ribbon, and when you pull out the tag, the image stands up.   I hope you will give this easel card a try, it was fun to do. It takes a bit longer to make, but worth the extra effort!

Other Challenges:

Pile It On – Challenge #5 Punch It!

Tuesday Throwdown – Challenge #34 Stitching

Magical Monday – Challenge #14 Flowers

CES Challenge – Bold and Bright

Thanks for taking the time to stop by, have a wonderful week!

Marilyn

14 comments:

  1. Wow, she's adorable Marilyn, love your bright and cheerful colors! Such a cool pop up easel, never have seen one like this, I'll have to check out the tutorial, super cool. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, love your cards. Coloring, layouts and details. Love Love Love them. TFS! www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool, love that pop-up affect. I need to investigate that. As always your coloring is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just DARLING!!!! I LOVE that image!!
    Thank You for joining us at PIO this week! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn, real cool pop up card and love the pink and green colors (and the coloring).
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the style of card you have chosen to created and adore the image. Beautifully coloured and lovely colours used too.

    Thanks for joining in with us on Magical Monday

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marilyn this is gorgeous! I love the colors and the pocket/slide, very nice! I'm so glad you've joined our Stamps R Us team!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and pretty layout. Sweet image coloured beautifully. Thanks for playing along at Magical Monday
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I love the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable and clever! I love all the pink and green!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous card, I love the style & colours.
    Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your win at Tuesday Throwdown! http://tuesdaythrowdown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete