Saturday, February 12, 2011

Expressive Heart 1– by CS Designs

So, this another one of the beautiful images my CS Designs, and part of the Expressive Heart series.  I really stepped out of my comfort zone with this one.  I usually do just cards, of various folds and techniques, and the odd ornament, but I decided to try a treat box.  This box I am calling (for lack of a better name) a “Doll Treat Box”.  It’s kind of a little on the weird side, but I think my grand-daughter would appreciate it.  I have to say I had lots of fun making it.  I hope you like it too!

                        Expressive Heart 1

Well, I said it was kind of “funky”!  I guess it’s more of a bag than a box.  It is made with all my leftovers.  The image is colored with copics, and I added seed beads to the cheeks, and the face, in both pink and orange.  I used the Spellbinders oval and scalloped dies for the hands and feet, and the opening in the bag.  The hair is just some wired floral tape.

Challenges:

Bee Crafty – Challenge #47 Hearts.

Crazy 4 Challenges – C4C74 Hearts.

One Stop Craft Challenge – Week 118 Love Is In The Air.

Totally Gorjuss – Challenge #67 Love.

Stamp Something – Challenge “Something For Your Valentine”.

Fussy And Fancy Friday Challenge – Sweet Treats.

Crafty Catz Weekly – Challenge #69 Valentine/Love.

Simon Says Challenge – Anything But A Card.

So, thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your week-end!

Marilyn

14 comments:

  1. Marilyn, I LOVE IT!!!! So unique and just FUN! I know your granddaughter will like this. So cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous and lots of fun, Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Hugs Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marilyn
    A fabulous box looks fabulous,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz,this week,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so outrageous! I would be afraid to open it to get the candy out! You have an amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's gorgeous, she's gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Dear, This card is sooo strange but super cute!
    Love it!
    The image and the colors are wonder!
    Thanks for join at the Totally gorjuss challenge this week!

    Albert

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow... she is a really funkadelic 70s love type image - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a fun creation, I love how you've coloured the image, and how created her hair with the feathers and curled wire is inspired.

    So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! This is truly amazing and so unique!! I love it!! Such a lovely creation!
    Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week ~Sr. DT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd like to invite you to add your banner to our Digital Scrapbooking Topsite. It's free to sign up. Hope to see you there


    Free Digital Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this image it's so different & the project is so pretty too, thanks for joining in at OSCC, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fabulous and unique creation - I love her hair, and the colours are gorgeous.
    Love, Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete