Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Michelle Perkett Studio - “We Heart You” Blog Hop!

Wow, I can’t believe how fast my six months as a DT member for Michelle Perkett Studio’s has went.  I was so fortunate to have spent the time with very talented and lovely “mermaids”.  Of course, being able to work with Michelle’s beautiful and stunning images was the “bomb” as the kids say today!

The blog hop starts on Michelle's personal blog.  I hope you came here from Claire's blog, I bet she had something amazing to show you!


The blog hop “We Heart You” is all about saying thank you, for your friendship and your inspirations along the way.  I consider myself very lucky to have met you all, and got to chat with you on our groups.  It was nice to share stories with you, to send you cyber hugs when you were down, and to share your happier moments, which there were many of!  I can not tell you enough how talented you are, and how many times I have sat at my computer and was amazed with your beautiful creations.  I will miss you all!  I also want to take a moment to say thank you to Michelle for allowing me to be part of her design team, and for creating such wonderful designs to work with!


Well, for my last card as one of the DT members for Michelle, I wanted to do something special.  I have seen a lot of “shadow box” cards on the internet and wanted to try one, but then I found out they were dies, and extremely expensive.  So, I decided to create my own.  After lots of measuring and re-measuring, and then cutting (by hand), this is what I came up with.  I am dedicating this card to Michelle and all my DT friends on MPS.  This is my way of saying thank you for your friendship.  I sure hope you like it!

 
Mary Mary

I’m not going to take the time to get into all the details about how I made this card, the post would be way to long!  In the future I will write up the specs and post them, just in case anyone is interested in making one.


Since the image is called “Mary Mary”, I decided to include the nursery rhythm.  The first version of Mary Mary Quite Contrary, was published in Tommy Thumb’s Pretty Song  Book in 1744, but the last line read “And So My Garden Grows”, and it was “Mistress Mary” not “Mary Mary”, just a short history lesson for you!


                                          Mary Mary (2)

I thought I would show you a close up of just the shadow box with the image Mary Mary.  The image is colored with copics, and then layered on yellow and red card stock, which is the theme through out the card.  The designer papers are from Martha Stewart and Basic Grey.  The punches are also by MS.  The red flower corners are made by Cuttlebug.  The mini roses are from Prima.  I also cut a flower from the same Basic Grey paper pad, and pop dotted it on the paper, for added dimension.

 
I am so glad you are joining us on our blog hop, your next stop on the way is Tammy, and I know you are going to find something incredibly beautiful there!  I hope you will leave me some feed back on my card, I love to read all the comments!  Enjoy your hop!


Marilyn

Challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday – Challenge #99 Special Someone (Michelle and DT Group)
One Stitch At A Time – Challenge #50 Anything But Square!
Saturday Challenge – Challenge #122 Fancy Folds.
All Sorts Challenge – Week 91 Inspired by Nature.
The Shabby Tea Room – Week 50 Buttons and Bows
Incy Wincy Designs – Challenge #82 Punches or Dies.
Digital Tuesday – Challenge #99 Punches.
Top Tip Tuesday – Challenge #23 Bling It On!
Tuesday Throwdown – Challenge #37 3-D
Bunny Zoe's Crafts – Challenge #9 Spring Flowers Everywhere!

41 comments:

  1. WOW! Such a wicked card, really gorgeous. Love the design, and you colouring.
    Luv CHRISSYxx { new follower }

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Marilyn what a stunning card!!!! You make the most amazing cards - WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! This is spectacular!! Gorgeous work! Thank you so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room! :)

    Hugs...
    Melissa
    TSTR Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Marilyn! This is amazing! This should be in a magazine, it is stunning! What amazing work you have done with your coloring, your scrollwork, flowers and papers and putting all of this together! Thank you so much for all of your wonderful creativity and for your friendship over the last 6 months, we thank you and we will miss you! You have been a wonderful part of our team!:)

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, This is fabulous. I have seen a couple of these and WOW. I would love the specs, I'll be watching. Thanks for all of your inspiration over the past 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... Marilyn, you amaze me! Your last creation for MPS is absolutely stunning! I bet you had fun creating it too :) It's been wonderful being on Michelle's team with you, your creativity inspires me, thank you :) Best wishes my friend! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning is the only word that comes to mind. Can you believe that I am speechless? LOL

    I am going to miss you warm chat and your amazing creativity.

    Best of luck friend,

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so awesome! What a gorgeous creation. Sorry you are leaving the DT. Looks like you are very busy! Have a great day, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Marilyn this is stunning! Beautiful work as always! Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo clever Marilyn - I luuuurve it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wooowww!!! You overdo yourself again! it´s the most spectacular creation I ever saw! love the colors you used, looks like you are ready for spring, right? (loving your blog new look too!!!) Your coloring is amazing as usual.... love every part of your creation, Marilyn! hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely amazing card! The design is gorgeous and I love all of the pretty details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how absolutely stunning! Thanks for playing with us this week at TTT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marilyn I Love this it's fab
    Thanks for joining my nature challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for playing with us at OSAAT.
    Hugs Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous. You went all out on this one. Thanks for taking the Digital Tuesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You created a stage for Mary.Unbelievably Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! What a beautiful card! Love the colors and great sentiment!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
    Don't forget our DT call, too! :)
    Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW Marilyn this is an amazing creation, what a beauty! I love everything about it. I'm really going to miss you but will keep calling by to check out your gorgeous work, you're a real inspiration
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so stunning! I love the way you colored her and the card is WOW! I've enjoyed seeing your creations over the 6 month term and wish you the best in all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Marilyn... this is so amazing and awesome! What a piece of art your made!!! I sure will miss you in our team. Your work was a great inspiration for me!!! I wish you all the best and hope to hop along now and then!
    Hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such an amazing card and great work you've put down on making it, it really dispalys Michelles lovely image! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOWOWOWOW!! This certainly is 'special'! What a lovely creation ... pretty, bright, cheery colors and lovely embellishements! Thank you for sharing with us this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, what a wonderful project. Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is a very cute card.. nicely done.. i may try one myself later on.. The colors are stunning and you have added just the right amount of detailing.. great job.. this may be the end of this term but there is always another DT spot open somewhere else ..one door opens while one closes -anne-

    ReplyDelete
  26. wonderful creation! thanks for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card love all the elements and your colours, cute image too! Thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday this time, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Speechless, Marilyn... and that's hard for me! This is so totally awesome! I have a little something for you, if you'd care to visit my blog.... posted today...
    hugs and blessings,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your card. It's so pretty & cool. Thanx so much for joining us this week at Incy Wincy. Hope to see you back again soon.
    Renee DT
    I would love to know how you made this card. Could you please let me know when you post it @ roneill64@gmail.com.
    thanx-

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great card. Love the papers. Everything works so great together. Great job...
    Renee (now I'm commenting on your card as a blog hopper)..not a dt member

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful project Renee - love the image and the colouring and, of course, the bling!
    Thank you for coming over to play at Top Tip Tuesday this week!
    Hugs
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous card - love the shape!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely beautiful set! Glad you didn't give up on your design idea. :-) Beautiful compositon on all thress pieces. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  34. this is really art, very very beautifull.
    Hugs Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow this is such an amazing creation, and beautiful colours

    thanks for sharing with us at Secret Crafter: 122 Fancy Folds

    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh Marilyn,

    What a lovely creation. Just wonderful!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is just stunning - everything about it is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Another stunning creation! I love all of the gorgeous details and your coloring! This layout is definately a winner! Can't wait to see the deets later. I'm sorry to see you go after so long with Michelle, but you're only as far away as a click!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Just beautiful Marilyn, I can image the hard work that's gone into it! Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Marilyn...this card is absolutely stunning! The dp, colors, embellishments...and the fact that you figured out how to make the shadow box card on your own...way to go! I would definitely be interested in knowing how you made this. Hope to see you around the CDAC still. Thank you so much for sharing this incredible work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow this is just amazing! What a lot of work you've put into it - I'm not surprised it would prove to be a huge post of you added the info - although I do look forward to seeing it when you've written it! Beautiful piece of work.

    Thanks for joining in with our 'Bling it On' challenge this week over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete