Friday, February 18, 2011

Outlawz Sketch Challenge

I hope you have been checking out the Outlawz Challenges Site, they have lots of challenges going on, and wonderful prizes.  The theme has basically been “Western”.  Every Wednesday they have a new Sketch Challenge, and of course you had to keep with the theme of anything “western”for this weeks challenge.  I chose this adorable little “Donkey Smiles” image from Karen's Doodles, I believe it was a freebie a while ago,  on PCP.

                    Donkey Karen's Doodles

I colored the image with copics, then layered it on blue and then brown cardstock.  I used some twine to make a frame, around the picture.  The designer paper is Paperie Rouge & Mocha by Making Memories.  I used a freebie sentiment from Create With TLC.  I used my Cricut to cut 8 layers for the daisy, and to make it seem more full, I snipped each petal in half, then I added a metal brad for the center.  I also used a white gel pen to add dimension on the flowers.

Challenges:

Karen's Doodles – Challenge # 50 Animal Friends.

Totally Paper Crafts – Challenge #54 Do It With Digi’s.

Stamp Something – Something Funky!

Aud Sentiments – Challenge #22 Trendy Sayings!

Delightful Sketches – Animals.

Penny's paper Crafts – Challenge #47 Photo Inspiration

Have a great week-end, and thanks for popping in!

Marilyn

16 comments:

  1. This is too cute Marilyn! Thanks for joining us this week in our Photo Inspiration Challenge at Penny's. Good Luck!!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Marilyn the sentiment totally made me laugh out loud. Your image is colored beautifully as always. Great card! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sentiment, it really goes well with Karen's donkey.
    Cute card, thanks for playing along with Karen's Doodles and Totally Papercrafts challenges
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    I found your Blog over the aud sentiment challenge and now I follow it directly.
    What a beautiful card, and you have a wonderful Blog!
    hugs
    mero

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi.
    This is such a beautiful card. I love the layout and the colors work really well.
    Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenge.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant image! I love it Marilyn and great dp's too :o)

    thank you for joining us at totally papercrafts and good luck!!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is hilarious! The image is so fun but that sentiment with it is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card with a perfect sentiment. Love the cord frame. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Ha! This is such a cute image Marilyn and your coloring is awesome!! Thanks for joining our Photo Inspiration challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges! We look forward to having you join us again next challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card, Marilyn and a great saying, so perfect for Karen's cute little donkey. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Karen's Doodles challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute! I love the yarn as the frame. Very clever.
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, great frame idea. Thanks for playing at Aud Sentiments.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ack!! I love this card.. Your donkey is spectacular and great sentiment to go along ..:)..Thanks for playing along with us at Karen's Doodles this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute card. Love that sentiment is just makes me smile when I look at that donkey. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card! Love the papers and colors. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute - love that image!

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Aud Sentiments

    Rx

    ReplyDelete