Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pollycraft Monday Challenge #81 Diamonds and Pearls

                    Star Fairy

Last week I won the challenge at Pollycraft Monday, and this is one of the ten free images from Pollycraft that I won.  This adorable digital image is called “Star Fairy”, and I think she is so cute hanging there upside down!

As you can see there is a lot going on in the layout of this card.  I got the sketch from the Card Making and Papercraft magazine for February. 

I colored the image with copics, and then used the Spellbinders round and scalloped dies to cut out and layer the digi.  I added some cute little white pearls to her shoes, and used a Sakura glitter pen on the wings, her hat and the Star branches.  I also added some Crafts crystal (diamond) gems around the image.  The designer paper is from the Olivia paper pad by Basic Grey, and from Graphic 45 – Once Upon A Springtime Collection.  I embossed the turquoise back panel with a folder from Cuttlebug.  Then on the front panel I added a lacy effect with a border punch from Martha Stewart.  The flowers I crocheted with embroidery floss, then added buttons from Doodlebug.  I also sewed around the outside of the card and along the front panel.  Then I added some pink pearls on the corners.  Ribbon and lace are from my leftovers from other projects.  I also used a sentiment from Kraftin’ Kimmie.

                                                         Crochet Flowers

This is a close up of the crocheted flowers.

Challenges:

Cooking It Up With Katie – Challenge #50 I Wish For White Wings.

Pattie's Creations – Challenge #16 Make Your Own Embellishments.

Crafty Creations – Challenge #107 At The Bottom Of My Garden Lives!

Fussy and Fancy Friday – Emboss and/or Paper Piecing.

Magical Monday – Challenge #16 Lace

The Pink Elephant – Challenge TPE94 Buttons, Lace and Ribbon.

Scrap-Creations – Birthday.

Sew Many Cards – Challenge #45 Star Challenge.

Crafty Purple Frog – Challenge #9 A Touch Of Magic.

Well, that’s it for now, thank you for stopping by!  Enjoy the week-end!

Marilyn

13 comments:

  1. Marilyn - adorable image and love your crocheted flowers!!!
    Well Done!
    Thanks for playing in our challenge!
    ♥ Sandi
    DT Lead Team 1 for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Contests on the win at Polly! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week for our garden challenge! :-). Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn,
    What a cute birthday card! I love the handmade crocheted flowers and the image too. Thanks for joining us this week at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn another gorgeous card - I love the crocheted flowers you made and added to the card - you are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Love those flowers! Congrats on your win last week! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week!

    Hugs, Kylie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn your work is always outstanding. You are so inspiring! I'm loving you blog background too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful, Marilyn! love all the papers and pretty flowers! all your cards have so many details, beautiful!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is ADORABLE Marilyn! I love the colors and your flowers!! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card. Such a cute image and I love the lace and crochet flowers. Thanks for playing along at Magical Mondays. Can you point me in the direction for pattern for crochet flowers?
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic and adore the image you have used which has been beautifully coloured. The dp is gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining in with us on Magical Monday

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card!
    Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card, thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy.

    ReplyDelete