Friday, March 4, 2011

Raise The Bar – I’m, Just Saying!

                   Raise The Bar DT

Last week I won the chance to be a guest designer for Raise The Bar challenge blog.  Their challenge this week is called “I’m Just Saying”, and they want the sentiment to be the focal point, no images allowed!  I’ve never done a card without an image before, so this was a tough one! 

The sentiment is a freebie from Create With TLC, which I cut out with the round and scalloped die by Spellbinders.  I found a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers for a quilted card by Jenna Barber, and I thought I’d give it a go.  It was quite easy, and I plan on trying out more quilted blocks for future backgrounds.  I also added a layer of modge podge glue on top of the quilt block to give it a shine.  The flower is made with a pink zipper, and flowers cut with my Cricut. 

Challenges:

Sentimental Sunday – Challenge #44 Anything Goes.

Desert Islands Crafts – Challenge #3 Chose 3 or More From Itinerary (#1 Make It Square, #3 Handmade flower, #5 Two or more patterned papers and #6 Pearls.)

Thanks for stopping, and enjoy your week-end!

Marilyn

8 comments:

  1. Fun, that zipper flower is so clever! Beautiful quilted background. Like the focus on the sentiment, that is cool. Great card as always Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Love the little zipper flower and your "quilt"! So cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marylin, I like this card. Love the quilted background. I did a card with the crochet flower on it. They are really lovely. Thanks.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the GDT! Great take the challenge! Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I "heart" the zipper flower. Do you have a tutorial in that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Marilyn - love the quilted background - fabulous idea!! Beautiful colors - so bright and cheery and it definately makes you smile! Love the pink pearls and the zipper flower - so creative :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marilyn! We had a suggestion at the OWH Stars and Stamps blog to have a tutorial on your zipper flower. If you'd be willing to do one, please contact me at kate@operationwritehome.org.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, and you did a great job with the challenges! Thanks for playing along with us over at Desert Island Crafters!!

    ReplyDelete