Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sketch Saturday Week 145 Challenge

                  Stella

This is a birthday card for a friend who will be 75 years young this week, and of course who better to celebrate your birthday with than “Stella” from Bugaboo Stamps!  The layout of the card is inspired from a sketch on the Sketch Saturday blog.

The image is colored with Copics, and I used the Spellbinders oval and scalloped dies to layer the image.  The sentiment also comes with the Stella digital image.  I’ve used two different embossing folders by Cuttlebug, and a Martha Stewart border punch for the lace.  I’ve crocheted a flower, and added a yellow gem in the center.

Challenges:

Catch The Bug – Challenge “Anything Goes”.

Aly's Sunday Challenge – Anything Goes.

Stamptacular Sunday – You Lucky Duck!

Incy Wincy Designs – Challenge #84 Pastel Colors (Blue and Yellow).

Paper Playtime – Anything Goes.

Top Tip Tuesday – Challenge #25 Happy Birthday!

Aud Sentiments – Challenge #23 Birthday.

Cooking It Up With Katie – Punch Me Something Sweet and Sassy!

The Outlawz – Greeting Cards GC030711

Simon Says Stamp – Anything Goes!

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your week!

Marilyn

18 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! Of course I love the image but also just really like the entire card. Great embossing too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for getting punchy with Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous love the image and sentiment.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the image and embossing! The sentiment is too cute! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marilyn! This is so cute! I love your border punch and embossing! Thanks for joining Cooking it up with Katie & Catch the bug this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card. I love the way it came out. Stell is one of my favorite sets. Thanx for joining us this week at Incy Wincy. Hope to see you back again soon.
    Renee DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny! I love the way you colored that gorgeous Stella! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card!
    And thank you for sharing with us over at Tip Top Tuesday!
    Hugs
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card! I just love it! Thanks for joining us for our March Anything Goes Challenge, I love how your card turned out just Adorable!!! Thanks for using a Bugaboo image! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! How fun!!! I can related... I need my beauty sleep!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Sketch Saturday! I hope you'll join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is AWESOME! I love the embossing/scallops and the fabulous flower!
    Thanks so much for playin along with us this week at Catch The Bug!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card, love the image, she makes me smile and I'm totally jealous of your flower, I've been teaching myself to make them but seeing yours mine are looking really bad! Thanks for joining us at our 'you lucky duck'challenge this week at SSC, hope you will join the fun again next week. Hugs Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is me smiling :) Very cute! Just a fun card.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Marilyn...Me again. If you pop over to my blog, I have an award for you.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delightful card! The image and sentiment are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Marilyn - I love Bugaboo images too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhh your card has really made me smile thanks! love it! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this time, hugs Samantha TTT :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card!!. Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday. Good luck
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete