Monday, March 7, 2011

Stamps R Us Challenge #16 - In The Kitchen!

Well, it’s Monday, and time for another Stamps R Us challenge.  This week we are fortunate to be sponsored by Bugaboo Stamps, and they are offering a very generous prize for one lucky winner.  We would like your cards/projects to feature “In the kitchen”, it could be food, beverages etc… just have fun with it!  We were also given some images from Jodie of Bugaboo stamps to work with, and I chose “Ruby”.

                  Ruby

I chose Ruby because of the “glass of beer” in her hands, so that I could use liquid applique on the head of the beer.  I colored the image with Copics, and then used black flock on her boots for a suede look.  The designer paper is from the Cappella Paper pad by Basic Grey.  the sentiment is a rubber stamp from Kraftin’ Kimmie.

I’ve been trying to use up scraps, and bits of things left over from other projects, and I have lots of embroidery thread, so I’ve been crocheting flowers to use some of the thread up.  This flower is from a tutorial on Crochet Pattern Central, and it’s a ten petal popcorn flower.  I used a very small hook, and three strands of embroidery floss for the flower, then added a green gem for the center.

                                                P1030226

Here is a close-up so you can actually see the “popcorn” part of the flower.  You can use crochet cotton for the flowers, but you will actually have more color choices with embroidery floss.

Challenges:

Friday Sketchers – Challenges #144 Sketch.

Stamp Something – March Digi Day.

Catch The Bug Challenge – Anything Goes.

Southern Girls – Challenge #13 Brads, Gems or Dewdrops.

Have a great week, and hope you can join our challenge this week.  Good luck!

Marilyn

11 comments:

  1. Great card and what a wonderful flower! You're so very talented.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Marilyn! This is an awesome card. The layout and colors are gorgeous. And that flower is actually one of the nicest crocheted embellies that I've seen. Thanks for the link.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply fabulous papers and I love her frosty mug of beer! LOL, looks good enough to sip ;) Love how you colored her and your crocheted flower is gorgeous - love the bling in the center :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fabulous, thank you for playing along with my sketch @ friday sketchers. hugs rachx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, what a great card, love how you did the drink and that flower is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card! I love all the green and the layout of this is stunning! Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marilyn--I wish you lived close to me! I would LOVE to have you teach me to crochet those flowers! This is a great card--love the layout and colors. Thanks for playing along in the Bugaboo Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS! I love the green & those flowersCongrats on winning over at http://lesliearahye.blogspot.com/!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Marilyn - love that Bugaboo image!! Great patterend papers and another great crocheted flower!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great card! love the papers thanks for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowsers! Those papers are smashing & absolutely perfect with your image. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete