Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sketch Saturday Challenge – Week 149

                             Magnolia (Boy)

I decided to break out the rubber stamps and give them some love!  This is a Magnolia rubber stamp.  I’ve had them for ages, and finally decided to color them.  I can’t remember what the boys are called, feel free to leave me a comment if you know the name.

I colored the little guy with my copics, and then cut him out, so that he would appear to be sitting on the edge of the layers.  I used the Sakura glitter pen on his wings.  The designer papers are from the Graphic 45 paper pad, and Cappella paper pad by Basic Grey.  I also used Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, around the edges of the turquoise card stock.  Flowers, ribbon and buttons are from my scrap pile.

For the butterfly I stamped acetate and heated set it, then hand cut a butterfly from a template.  Then I added a smaller version of the butterfly in turquoise card stock and then added the gems for the body.  I believe the tutorial for the butterfly was from a magazine, that I got ages ago!  Here is a close up of the butterfly.

                                             Butterfly (Boy)

Now you can see the stamped image on the acetate.  They were very simple to make, and I love how they look.  It would also make a great card just using the butterfly as the focal point.

Challenges:

Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog – Challenge #50 Recipe.

Outlawz Challenges – Color Challenge (Brown and Turquoise) plus distressing.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. 

Marilyn

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable Marilyn, my Magnolias don't get enough attention either. Love the color combo of this card, and the butterfly looks super, I'll have to try that. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, fab colour combo and a cute 'Edwin' image ;)
    Thank you for joining us this week at sketch saturday
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card! Love the ing you usd. Thanks for joining us at Penny's for our recip hallenge. Good luck! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this colour scheme and your butterfly is so pretty! Edwin is super cute too!
    Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over at Sketch Saturday :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! I really love that acetate butterfly! I'll have to try that! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Penny's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing papers and fabulous wings! Love the butterfly embellie - just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable Marilyn! I love the color combo you used!! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Penny's. Good Luck!!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete