Monday, May 2, 2011

Catch The Bug Challenge – May Flowers and Bright Colors

                    Ladybug Bear

We’re having another beautiful day here in my neck of the woods, a great start for May, and it’s also “voting” day here in Canada!  This is the 4th vote in seven years, maybe we will finally get it right!

I’ve used the adorable “Ladybug Bear” from Bugaboo Stamps.  You should check out the store, there is an amazing sale going on, and prizes to win, not to mention some fabulous images to play with!

I’ve colored the image with Copics, and used Martha Stewart glitter on the ladybug wings.  I’ve also used Sakura glazing pens on the black dots of the ladybug.  The designer paper is from the Sweet Fairy paper pad.  I love the sentiment from Create With TLC.  It reminds me of the Smothers Brothers (sure dating myself here).  They would always say “mum loves me best”.  I made this Mother’s Day card for my sister.  I know she is going to get a kick out of the sentiment!

I found a tutorial for the flowers, aren’t they adorable!!  They are called Sweet Posy, and I love how they turned out.  I found the tutorial in my favourite magazine Cardmaking and Papercraft from the UK.  It’s in the April issue.  It was originally a wedding bouquet tutorial by Tracie Steeley, but I thought if I made the flowers smaller I could put them on a card. 

          P1030575                    P1030573

The only thing I had to change besides the size was cut off the points so that they would lay flat on the card.  Once they completely dried, I cut off about 1/4 of an inch, then glued a small scrap of paper on the bottom, so that they would be easier to adhere to the card.  Then I used a Sakura glitter pen on the top, to give them some shine.

Challenges:

2 Sisters Challenge Blog – Challenge #37 For A Mom.

Sketch Saturday – Challenge #153 Sketch.

Sweet Stampin Challenge – Try Something New (flowers).

Totally Gorjuss – Challenge #78 1 image, 2 ribbons, 3 flowers/dp’s.

I Did It Creations – Challenge #53 Mother’s Day.

Sentimental Sunday – Challenge #53 Mother’s Day/For A Women.

Stamptacular Sunday – Challenge #109 Mums The Word!

The Outlawz Challenge – Greeting Card Mother’s Day/Girl Card.

Happi Challenge – HLSC20 Honouring Mothers/Grandmothers.

Sarah Hurley Challenge – Challenge #39 Butterflies/Things With Wings.

Well, I’m off to vote, have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping by!

Marilyn

22 comments:

  1. Marilyn, that is so cute!! I love the sentiment. Have a great day, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that little ladybug bear is soo cute- and the flowers are really pretty and effective
    Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and those flowers are FANTASTIC!!! So pretty. Cute image too!
    (And yep, Marilyn....I remember the Smothers Brothers too! Yikes!!!)
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, must try that, saw the flowers in the mag and they look absolutely fab here. Very cute card. Thanks for playing along at Totally Gorjuss. Hope to see you back on Saturday. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is so pretty. I love that sentiment and I'm sure your sister will appreciate that!! Fabby flowers!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty and the sentiment is so cute...made me chuckle! You did a great job with our challenge for Moms! Thank you for joining us this week at Happileigh Scrappin' and good luck!

    Hugs,

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get to tell you once again how cute this card is! Thank you for playing at IDIC this week too! Good luck!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow those flowers are so nice, and very different.
    Noticed you fancy trying Scrapbooking, it's so nice to do I hope you will give it a go, it's not as hard as it looks and you can make your photo's look fab. Need any tips and hints give me a shout.
    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamin this week, good luck. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous Mothers day creation! Thanks for playing this week at I Did It Creations! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Marilyn. That image is so sweet and the flowers are gorgeous. Love that sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  11. the image is just too sweet - love it! your flowers are amazing! This is one fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, wow, wow...I LOVE this Marilyn...everything about it is gorgeous :) Those flowers look amazing. Great job on scaling them down to use on a card.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card!! Your flowers are very very pretty!!
    Thanks for joining us at 2SC this time.:)
    ~~hugs~darling Ho~~

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOOO I love this card, and I am bug eyed about those flowers. How do you make them? Will you do a tutorial on them, please, pretty please...LOL
    Thanks for joining us at Happileigh Scrappin' challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! your card is absolutely gorgeous. I love the image and its coloured to perfection. The other elements of the card all go so well together and the flowers are just stunning (you must have the patience of a saint) Altogether a stunning card and many thanks for entering it at Sweet Stampin this week, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wooaaw, it`s stunning!! Great colours and a very sweet motiv. And your flowers, GORGEUS ♥

    Thank you for sharing your card at Stamptacular Sunday this week :)
    Hugs, Nina.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous flowers Marilyn and I just love all the colors you went with!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable ladybug image! Those flowers are super cute too. Good luck over at Sarah Hurley, thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, this is just LOVELY!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Happileigh Scrappin'!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, Marilyn this is so darned adorable! I just love your coloring and wonderful card layout! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable creation!!! Thanks for playing with us at Sarah Hurley Creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing!!! Lovey card! Thank you for joining Sarah Hurley challanges! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete