Monday, May 2, 2011

Stamps R Us Challenge – Men In Our Lives!

May 2nd today, can you believe it?  It won’t be long until kids are out of school, and the weather will be gorgeous.  Where has the time gone!

It’s also time for another challenge at the Stamps R US blog.  This fortnight we are being sponsored by Dude Time Doodles, and they are offering a very generous prize package to one lucky winner!  If you are looking for any type of image for a man, you will definitely find it at their store.  I got to use one of the images from Dude Time Doodles, and it’s called “Pete The Plumber”.

                      Pete The Plumber

I colored the image with copics, and then layered it on card stock.  I used the Spellbinders oval and scalloped die to cut the card stock.  The designer paper is from the Oliver Paper Pad by Basic Grey.  I just got the new embossing folder by Couture Creations, and it’s the Diamond Trellis folder.  The brads are by Doodlebug.  I got the sentiment from Create With TLC, and I thought it was perfect for this image!  I found the layout (sketch) for the card in the magazine Card Making and Paper Craft.

Challenges:

Top Tip Tuesday – Challenge #31 Square.

Tuesday Throwdown – Challenge #46 Brads or Eyelets.

Simon Says Stamps Challenge – Anything Goes.

The ABC Challenge – T is for Trouble.

Cute Card Thursday – Challenge #162 Sketch (from magazine).

Moving Along With The Times – Challenge #96 Anything Goes.

Southern Girls Challenge – Color Challenge Green and Blue.

Have a wonderful week, and thanks for stopping by!

Marilyn

16 comments:

  1. I love the color combo on this, and that sentiment totally cracks me up! This is just a FUN card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that blue and green together ... Have to say I prefer my eye candy a little more fit, lol, but this is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's colored perfectly, and I absolutely love the sentiment you picked for him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Marilyn this cracked me up (pun intended!). What a fun image and your sentiment is a hoot with him. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job with Pete! Awesome!
    Cleota
    DTD Dudette

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS!!!! LOVE that sentiment. Just perfect.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!! Oh my goodness..That sentiment is soooo funny with that image!!! Perfect for our Trouble challenge this week! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine! /Sari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pete sure does give me the giggles and what a perfect sentiment, love it, such a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. :-) what a great card, love the sentiment and image together! Thanks for joining in with us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is awesome Marilyn! It's colored perfectly and I absolutely LOVE your sentiment!!
    So fun!
    Hugs, Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Marilyn what a delightful sentiment on this funny card! Loved the fun you had with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your plumber dude looks great! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Gosh! I love your sentiment! too funny! Wonderful coloring and love the card layout too! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahahahh... eye candy! Perfect sentiment & you hit a home run with this one. Love your papers & colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun image, and the sentiment made me smile too! Great colour choice and layout - thanks so much for joining us at MAWTT this week - hope to see you again.
    Hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! Definite eye candy (barf) LOL! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT! x

    ReplyDelete