Friday, June 10, 2011

The Outlawz Copics/Promarkers Challenge

Welcome to another challenge on The Outlawz.  This week we are challenging you to create a summer background using either Copics and/or Promarkers. 

                  Retro Melody

I combined 3 images from Pollycraft, and two of them were for the background.  I used a light blue Copics marker (BG0000) for the sky, then added some colorless blender to a cotton ball, and dabbed it over the blue to form clouds.  Then I lightly highlighted the clouds with C1 (cold grey).  On the bottom I drew grass using 3 colors of copics.  It was my first time trying this technique, and I am quite pleased with the effect.  The second image is the fence, which I colored then layered over the tall grass in the background.  Then I put the main image “Retro Melody”  in front of the fence but below the hill of grass.  The final image is of course the sun, also colored with copics.  The sentiment comes with the stamps.  I’ve used a Martha Stewart border punch, and two embossing folders by Cuttlebug.

Challenges:

Sketch Saturday – Challenge #158

The Shabby Tea Room – Challenge #65 Embossing.

A Spoon Full Of Sugar – Challenge #155 Here Comes Summer.

Digital Tuesday – Challenge #114 Garden/Outdoors.

Party Time Tuesdays – PTT#119 Summer Birthday!

Flutter By Wednesday – Challenge #158 Polka Dots.

Have a wonderful week-end, and I hope you can play along with our challenge this week.  Don’t forget to check out The Outlawz, there is lots going on, and some incredible prizes to be won!!

Marilyn

4 comments:

  1. Cute, cute!!! Really like the bright summer colors too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and colours, loving that backing paper - gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us at DT this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Marilyn,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty summer card. Love that butterfly and the dimension. Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

    ReplyDelete