Monday, June 27, 2011

Stamps R Us Challenge – “There Was A Little Girl”!

Happy Monday everyone, and I hope you are ready for another great challenge with us at Stamps R Us!  Our sponsor is A Day For Daisies digital stamps, and she very generously gave the DT’s some images to work with.  I hope you will check out the store, there are lots of amazing digitals to chose from. We also have a generous prize for one lucky person. 

Now the theme for this week is “There Was A Little Girl”, so we want to see cards/projects featuring little girls.  How easy is that! 

                  A Special Flower

I’m use the adorable image called “A Special Flower”.  I colored the hair and skin with copics, then paper pieced the dress.  I cut the arms away from the paper, so that I could slip the dress underneath, and it also gives the arms some depth.  I also paper pieced the flowers.  I used foam dots to pop up the flower in her hand, then added a curly “Q”.

I made the large flower with the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral dies.  The pink cardstock is embossed with a folder from Sizzix.  Designer paper is by Lucy Bird.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.

Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp – Sketch Challenge.

Sew Many Cards – Challenge #58 Dry Embossing.

Saturday Challenge – #140 Embossing.

Sweet Stampin' Challenge – Something Old, Something New (Old DP, New Image).

Paper Sundaes – Challenge #75 Sundae Bar (Wings, Paper Piecing).

Have a wonderful week!

Marilyn

22 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely beautiful and I loved reading the tutorial on how you made it. :)
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Marilyn! I love this image and how you've coloured and paper pieced. That's a great flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous creation and great embossing, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. I have candy if you are interested
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn, I love what you did with this image! Your layout is terrific as well! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such a cutie, love your colours and layout, really lovely.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn this is so adorable! Love the embossing and paper piecing! The flower is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the paper pieced dress and the pop of green. Very pretty, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just simply beautiful!!! Love those colors too. So pretty.
    LYnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Marilyn, this is so Pretty and So Adorable. I love your paper piecing, and the wonderful colors your chose too!

    Hugs
    Shannon 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What awesome paper piecing you've done on this card, and the colors are fabulous! I love all those great flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww this is adorable Marilyn!! I LOVE your paper piecing and your gorgeous colors!
    Hugs, Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable, love the image and how you did the layout with those pretty flowers. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Paper Sundaes this week. I love your combination of patterned papers. Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your fabulous cute card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining our "Embossing" challenge this week on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just so adorable sweetie..!

    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin...and good luck..!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another absolutely gorgeous card from the very talented Ms Marilyn W! Love this - the image is so pretty and as always your colours are perfect. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Marilyn, so pretty and colourful and your paper piecing looks fab :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our sketch challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Abs stunning card, totally love everything, especially the sweet little girl! Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin this week, hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  21. somehow I missed this beautiful, sweet card. I just love the colors. I only have a few promarkers...you really know how to use them. I'm still working with my skills with copics

    ReplyDelete