Saturday, June 4, 2011

Teddy Bo Challenge #11 Shaped Cards.

                    Teddy Bea

My grandson Owen and his mother were here for a visit in April, and this image reminds me so much of him.  We spent a lot of time at the park, and of course blowing bubbles.  He could never get enough time playing with the bubbles.  I wish there was a Teddy Bo blowing bubbles (hint hint)!  Even still, this “Teddy Bea” is just as sweet!

I colored the image with Copics, and then used the rectangular Spellbinders die to cut it out, making sure to leave the bubbles hanging over the top.  Then I used a glue glaze on the bubbles for texture and shine.  This shaped card is called a Center Step Card, and it was very easy to do, and I love the look of it.  It’s always nice to do something besides a square card.  The layout of the center of the card, is taken from a sketch challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  The designer paper is by Imaginisce, and it’s called Lucy Bird.  The flowers are by Prima, and the butterfly and pink daisy are dollar store finds.

Challenges:

Sweet Sketch Wednesday – Challenge #104.

Truly Scrumptious – Challenge #58 Summer Sparkles.

Crazy Challenge – #69 Pets.

Stamp Something Challenge – Digi Day.

Sweet Stampin Challenge – Playing In The Summer Sun.

Digital Tuesday – Challenge #113 Animal Friends.

Incy Wincy Designs – Challenge #96 Nature.

I hope you are enjoying your week-end, thanks for taking the time to stop by!

Marilyn

23 comments:

  1. So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous. You have colored it to perfection! Love the image and color scheme. I love how these sweet images remind us of our kids or grandchildren. How fun it is! Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Marilyn, this is beautiful, I love the colurs and layers and a gorgeous image.
    Fabulous colouring..so pretty.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't time with our grandchildren precious? Your card is beautiful and your coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card Marilyn. Lovely colours and lovely memories too. :)
    Thank you for joining us at Teddybo this week.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marilyn, I do love your card, it's perfect and I know your grandson will love it. Great colours and I do love this wee bear blowing bubbles my boys always loved that and they still do today now they are older they love to see bubble machines working and high they can fly. Awesome card it's really lovely. Great job and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week and good luck.
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! Love the pink and unique fold! Thanks for playing the DTC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW just a fabulous card!! Your coloring is beautiful and I love your layout with the pretty papers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow just wow, such a joyful card.
    Thanks for join us at the Crazy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your cards! They so inspire me!
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous creation, Marilyn and it fits our challenge theme so well! Love the shape of your card and the cute image. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How embarrassing! I thought I was already following your blog. Glad I saw my oversight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous! I love that hot pink bow!!! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet, thank you for entering at The Crazy Challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute and beautiful all rolled into one! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun sweet gorgeous card. Love your added detail. Have a sweet week. Arlana@SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the bright colours you have used and Teddy Bea looks like shes having such fun with her bubbles. My daughter spent the other weekend blowing bubbles for her cousin and I'm not sure who enjoyed it most :0)

    Thank you for playing along over at Teddy Bo's challenge.

    Love Clairebears x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is spectacular Marilyn! Your coloring is total perfection. I love your combination of colors and papers and super job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh me oh my, how totally gorgeous is that!!!!! Perfect coloring is right!!!! And with such fabulous colors too. Love your sweet image. Thanks for joining us at SSW.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, This is gorgeous! I love your coloring and your papers are so perfect. Fun sparkles and shine and how cute with two bubbles off the frame!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous shaped card love the bright colours - thanks for sharing with us at Teddy Bo
    Hugs
    Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely card...great colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card, the colours are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo x

    ReplyDelete