Thursday, July 21, 2011

Let’s Have A Pool Party!

at Mo’s Digital Pencil

Summer Vacation!

I hope most of you are on your summer vacation, and having a blast!  It seems the summer heat is here to stay awhile for most of Canada and the United States.  This week at Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge we want to see your cards/projects with a “Summer Vacation” theme.  I think with this heat we will see a lot of beaches and pool party themed cards!

Pool Party

For my Summer Vacation card I used the “Pool Party” image.  I colored her with copics then cut the image out, and popped it up on the background.  So I got the bright idea of printing out a grass template, then coloring it (no problem), and then cut it out.  Well what a job cutting around those thin blades of grass.  Not once mind you, I decided I needed two of them.  After I did the clouds, I added the grass then I colored on the sand.  The sun is also a digital stamp, which I colored then cut and added as the background.

I used the large dot embossing folder by Cuttlebug for the turquoise card stock panel.  The designer paper is from the Echo Park Summer Days paper pad.  The sentiment is a sticker, which I added to purple card stock, and then cut around it.

I hope you’ll join our challenge this week, and good luck to everyone!

Challenges:

All Sorts Challenge – Week 112 Free and Easy.

Lexi's Creations – Challenge #44 At The Beach.

Saturday Challenge – #143 Holidays.

Designed 2 Delight – Let’s Go To The Beach.

Stamptacular Sunday – Challenge #120 Animalantics!

iCopic Lover – Challenge #39 Pastel Colors.

Paper Playtime – Challenge #50 Summer.

City Crafter Challenge – Week #66 It’s A Shore Thing!

Marilyn

24 comments:

  1. Oh Blimey! I don't think there is one bit of this card I don't like...WAIT!...let me double check...hmmm...NO! It's PERFECT!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn! Great job on this, I love the grass you added too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn, this card is Gorgeous! Love the colors and the image!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really adorable, Marilyn! Wow, cutting out the grass was a lot of work but really worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Marilyn...I LOVE this card. I've been looking at it all week and it seriously just makes me smile ear to ear!! Your coloring is gorgeous!! And I love this Mo Manning image...and I want her! Adding her to my "must have" list!! hehehe! Hugs. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great summercard. Love the colours and the grass behind is perfect :)
    Thanks for playing along at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Big hugs
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Holiday creation
    Thanks for joining us at SECRET CRAFTER Saturday Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous holiday themed creation thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Secret Crafter this week.
    Hugs Kate xx
    I have candy if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great summery card, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous 'holiday' card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!! What a fun image!! And the gras is so cute!! Your coloring is perfect!!

    Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge..

    Hugs Tine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marilyn, I love this. So fun. I love the fun bright papers and your fabulous coloring! Gorgeous design!
    Hugs~Bren

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marilyn, This card is just wonderful...so bright and happy! I love the colors, and the grass looks great...worth all the pains-taking work! So glad to have you with us GD at Mo's this month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute and beautifully done ... thank you for sharing it with us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww what a sweet image, the papers are gorgeous too

    thanks for being free n easy with us this week at Allsorts

    hugs

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely fabulous and beachy, Marilyn! I love that sentiment and your coloring is gorgeous! Thanks for playing in my "Let's go to the BEACH!" challenge at D2D! Hope to see a wondeful creation from you again in the near future!
    Aloha, Kim Mc
    D2D DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect image for a summer vacation card Marilyn great Job. Love all the happy colors and your wonderful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Soooo cute Marilyn! Love your colouring too and I love love LOVE the colour scheme xx
    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Lexi's Creations !
    Have a wonderful day and good luck in the draw ◕‿◕

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute & refreshing for summer!
    Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime.
    Krista, guest designer
    www.KristasPaperCafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous Marilyn!! There's more of your amazing clouds and I love the entire scene you created. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at icopic for our challenge this week : )
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is great! What a fabulous card and so beautifully coloured, simply gorgeous, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so darn cute and your design looks fabulous.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Darling! LOVE the colors! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete