Saturday, July 2, 2011

Meet Trudy–Mo’s New Paper Doll

If you are a fan of Mo’s Digital Pencil, she is having a contest right now on Facebook.  She gave a link to everyone who wanted to participate to get this adorable freebie, plus the party dress that goes with her.  You can either make a paper doll, or just use Trudy on a card, but you must use the dress and Trudy on your projects.

Trudy With Gift

She is just so darn cute.  She is actually just in her underwear, but then the fun is in creating a lovely party dress or two, for your paper doll.  I attached the doll, but she can easily be removed, so that she can be played with.  I also added a little cardboard stand, that way she will stay propped up.  The card is a double pocket diagonal card.  I made two tags, to represent her closet, each tag holds two dresses.  I drew the little silver hangers for her clothes.  The actual paper doll is colored with Copics, but all the dresses are paper pieced.

Trudy Pulled Tags

This shows the tags partially pulled out.  I used some embroidery floss as a pole to hang the hangers on.  The sentiment is from Kraftin’ Kimmie.

Trudy Dress Tags

So, here is picture of all her lovely little party dresses.  What a spoiled little girl! 

This was so much fun to do, it reminded me of when I was little.  I use to cut out the models from the Sears catalogue, and then make my own clothes.  I can remember spending  hours playing with the paper dolls.

I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing Trudy and her dresses, and that it brings back lots of memories of being a child and playing with dolls.  Thanks for stopping by.

Marilyn

Challenges:

One Stop Craft Challenge – Week 138 Tag Your It!

All Sorts Challenge – Week 110 Free and Easy.

2Sisters Challenge – #46 Birthdays.

Stamp Something Challenge – Anything Goes.

Bling It On – (July) Anything Goes.

Crafts and Me – Challenge #41 Birthdays.

Top Tip Tuesday – T is For….. (Tags).

18 comments:

  1. Simply stunning - gorgeous image and I love the tags.
    Thanks for playing Free & Easy with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know the more I see these stamps the more I want them, I love the double tag card, colour combo & image. Thank you for sharing with us at OSCC. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Mariyn!! I love how you added the little clothes lines on the tags!! Brilliant!!!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tags, tags and more gorgeous tags! You made me smile with this card....it's adorable.
    So happy you joined us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "T" challenge. :)
    Happy stamping...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH what a great card! Love those tags with all her dresses on them....SUPER CUTE!

    Thanks for joining the fun at Top Tip Tuesday :0)

    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW your card is amazing, i just finished mine..this is the best freebie i've gotten in a long time...fabulous. www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, loving all the little dresses,thanks for joining us for our anything goes challenge at Bling It On.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card. Love the pockets and the tags. Thanks for playing with us at Crafts and Me. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh....so so so cute and creative. I so love all that you did. I was able to grab the Mo digi but didn't have chance to work on it. Just so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marilyn!!!! You are amazing!!! I love this little project! And what fun...a real paper doll...with dresses!! I remember Betsy McCall paper dolls in the McCall magazine in the '50's!! And this little cutie is much cuter than Betsy! Beautifully done!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My Goodness this is too Precious for words Miss Marilyn! I love yoru darling paper Doll and here snazzy wardrobe too! This is just the sweetest labor of love! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous creation, love the idea! Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge with this and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card love how you have used mo's image....

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This turned out GREAT Marilyn :) Trudy and her dresses are gorgeous. I loved paper dolls too when I was little...well actually, I have to admit I still love them *blush* and I'm definitely not in the little girl category anymore lol maybe I'll make some of these for ME to play with :)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is amazing and love the tags. Thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC. Hope to see you again for the next one, hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love, love, love this card! What a marvelous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marilyn - such a fabulous idea!! I love your Trudy and all her little outfits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic idea Marilyn. I remember playing with paper dolls for hours too! This would be such a great gift for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete