Thursday, July 14, 2011

Miss Bossy!

Challenge #91

at Mo’s Digital Pencil

Black and White With One Contrasting Color.

Bossy (2)

This is my second week as GD with Mo’s digital pencil, and it’s been marvellous!  This week the challenge theme is to use black and white with one other color.  This does not include the hair or skin.  When I saw this cutie at Mo’s store, I immediate thought of my daughter.  This was the perfect image for her birthday card.  You’ll understand when you see the tag that is on the inside of the card.  The image is called “Bossy”.  I decided to make a Cross Over card so that I could add a tag.

My contrasting color is purple, my daughters favourite color.  I colored the image with Copics.  The image was cut and layered using the Lacy Square Dies by Spellbinder.  The two embossing folders I used were Happy Birthday by Cuttlebug, and Floral by Crafts Too.  The white card stock was already embossed.  Flower are by Prima.  The sentiment was computer generated.

Bossy

This hilarious sentiment was a freebie I got ages ago from Create With TLC, and I knew I wanted to use this for my daughters card.  We have been bugging her about turning 30, and I thought this sentiment said it all!  Needless to say, she loved the card, and is realizing that turning 30 is nothing to worry about.  The one last thing I did with this card, is on the inside I added a birthday poem, but put it in large print…..another way to tease her.

Well, there you have it, I hope you will join us this week for another great challenge, and don’t forget to pop over and leave some love at the other DT blogs, they will have some stunning cards to show you.

Challenges:

All Sorts Challenge – Week 111 Free and Easy.

Craft Your days Away – Challenge #24 Fancy Folds (Cross Over Card).

OSAAT – Challenge #70 Anything Goes.

ICOPIC – Challenge #38 All About Birthdays.

Stamp Insanity – Challenge #66 Anything Goes.

Anything Goes – Challenge #45 More Than One Fold.

Digital Tuesdays – Challenge #119 Spellbound.

For Fun Challenge – 1 Fold (besides the original).

Simon Says Stamp – Anything Goes.

Marilyn

17 comments:

  1. Oh Marilyn...Little Miss Bossy could be MY daughter too! LOL!! Congrats to your "little girl"...and let me say, she's gonna love this card! It is absolutely gorgeous! I love the color you chose...your coloring is divine...and the crossover card is next on my list of things to try! I love this!!! You're rockin' this GD gig!! So happy you're here! Hugs. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable.. Your daughter is going to love it. So glad you are part of our team this month. Your work just rocks!!!

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....this is adorable...really pops and I love the little extra tag/bookmark. I need to case this. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! How cute to put the sentiment in large print. I know you daughter loved this Marilyn - so much fun.
    This is gorgeous. Of course the colors are wonderful but that design is just fantastic.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too cute! I love Mo's images, she makes such cute girls. Thanks so much for playing along on fOr Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun and creative card! THanks for playing the DTC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh wowwww Marilyn,What a beautiful card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, the sentiment just cracked me up!! I've know a few gals in my family who need to hear that one (and not just on their BD's) : )

    A darling card, Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. VERY cute, Marilyn!! LOve the layout design too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card! No wonder she loved it! Love the pull out tag and that hilarious sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous card, love it all x

    Thanks for joining us this week @ For Fun Challenges & Good Luck x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab image I can certainly think of a few it could apply to thanks for sharing with us all here at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous creation, Marilyn! And I love that sentiment... thanks for sharing with us again at For Fun Challenges!
    hugs and blessings,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG that is so cute!!! Thanks so much for playing along with the iCopic challenge.
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    www.thescrapmaster.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes, love this image she is one of my faves I love inking her up!

    Hugs

    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the tag in the pocket! Very neat idea.

    Thanks for joining us this week at For Fun Challenges. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, love the colours and image! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx

    ReplyDelete