Friday, July 1, 2011

The Outlawz Copic/Promarker Challenge

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Woo Hoo, it’s Friday and another long week-end here in Canada!  We have another awesome Copic/Promarker challenge for you over at The Outlawz.  This week our theme is a “Male” card. 

Bentley Bear

Today I’m using one of my rubber stamps for a change.  I’ve had these stamp for awhile, and it was a freebie, along with a few others in the Card Making and Paper Craft magazine from the U.K.  The stamps are from the “Bentley” line.

I colored the image with copics, and then tried a new technique for the shading.  After I laid down three colors of blue, and got them blended till I was happy with it, I used the blending pen to remove some of the color, giving it highlights.  I am quite pleased with the effect.   The designer papers are from the My Minds Eve paper pad (Stella Rose).  The sentiment is another great freebie from  Create With TLC.

I want to give a shout out to my lovely blog friend Marilyn, who so kindly gave all the DT members on Stamps R Us, a tutorial on “how to make clouds”.  I hope you’ll stop by her blog and check out her wonderful creativity!  I love this technique so much, you’ll probably see a lot more clouds on my cards.

Challenges:

Crazy 4 Challenges – C4C93 Sketch.

Anything Goes Challenge – #44 The Letter ‘D’ (designer paper, dog).

Stamp-n-Doodle – Challenge Animals/Nature.

Crafty Catz Weekly – Challenge #89 Colors of Summer.

Digi's With Attitude – Challenge #32 Anything Goes.

Have a wonderful week-end, and thanks for stopping by!

Marilyn

11 comments:

  1. Marilyn, love your card! The coloring is just super too...wonderful shading! I'll have to try that with the blender pen!
    Your clouds.......DANG, I though I was doing so good with mine and now I see that yours are PERFECT! Guess that means I'm back to the ole drawing board and have to keep practicing!
    Again, just love your card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn this is soooo cute!!! Your coloring is amazing and I love the whole layout. Happy Canada Day to you too! Off now to check out your link on clouds. You can never soak up too many ways to do them!!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this adorable image paired perfectly with that sentiment and your papers are soooo yummy !! Too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card and I love the image. I thought I had left a comment...I'm loosing it. Also, happy to join you for a while at Bugaboo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marilyn, Gorgeous card - love the papers, layout and that adorable stamp. Great colouring and the clouds are wonderful - heading over to check out the tutorial. Happy Canada Day! (though with the time zones, I guess it no longer is Canada Day in your neck of the woods). So glad you joined us at Crafty Catz. Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marilyn, Your card is adorable, I agree with Dawn, the clouds are fabulous and the image and colouring are wonderful.Thanks for sharing this with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Marilyn! this is sooo Adorable!! I so love LOTV images and you have colored this one up so gorgeously! Love your Dreamy clouds too, they are just Fabulous! 8-)

    Hope you have a Terrific Weekend!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marilyn
    A gorgeous card love the image and paper's,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous project great for our D challenge on Anything goes thank you for joining us
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab card, cute image, the colours are perfect!

    Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes!

    Hugs
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, Marilyn! Love the sentiment and the pattern combo! Thanks for sharing with us at Digi's With Attitude! in our "Anything Goes" challenge! --Sammibug, Digi's With Attitude! DT

    ReplyDelete