Friday, July 29, 2011

The Outlawz Copic/Promarker Challenge

Happy Friday everyone!  This week our challenge on The Outlawz is “Anything Goes”.  So let your creativity flow, just remember to use either Copics or Promarkers. 

Sleeping Flower

I used the “Sleeping Flower” image from ADFD.  I found a tutorial for a swing card, and it was real easy and fun to do.   I colored my image with Copics, then used the oval and scalloped dies from Spellbinders to layer the image.  The border punch is by Martha Stewart.  The purple card stock was embossed with a Sizzix folder.  Now for the “Swing” part……

Sleeping Flower Open

The top of the card opens by being attached with a brad, how cute is that!  It’s kind of like having a hidden pocket. The sentiment is a rubber stamp from C.C. Designs. I also attached it to a card, so that you could write something on the inside.  I hope you’ll give it a try, there are lots of possibilities with this technique.

Challenges:

The Crafty Pad – Challenge #131 Wet or Dry Embossing.

Top Tip Tuesday – Challenge #44 Make It Girly.

Digital Tuesday – Challenge #121 Garden/Things With Wings.

Party Time Tuesdays – PTT#26 Anything Goes.

Aud Sentiments – #33 Enjoy Your Day or Something To Make You Smile.

Crafts And Me – Challenge #45 Ribbon.

Paper Play Challenge – Week 30 In The Garden.

Sarah Hurley – Challenge #46 Punch It!

Stamptacular Sunday – Hot Pockets. (I hope my card qualifies).

Marilyn

18 comments:

  1. Great card! I love how you colored up the flower! And, how it opens is just adorable...I get so stuck making normal cards that I am going to bookmark this idea to get my creativity flowing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and cute! I really want to try one of these. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so loving this card. You found a tutorial for the swing card but you didn't leave us lost souls the link. Could you do that for me. You have my email. Also, what is the final siez? Looks like maybe 5x7. OK girl...give me the deets...haha SO LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking part in GIRLIE challenge at Top Tip Tuesday!

    Your creation is beautiful!:)

    So happy you've joined us!

    Maggie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is superb, how brilliant with the top lifting to show the sentiment, that image and colours are so beautiful, thank you for joining our challenge at Digital Tuesday this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card. I love the fold. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I love this! I love the secret panel and the image and colors you have used are just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing and playing with us at The Crafty Pad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card. Love the way it opens up. Thanks for joining us at Aud sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Marilyn!!! love the design & this pretty color!
    Thank you for playing along @ Aud Sentiments!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card love the style what a fun idea,
    Thanks for playing along with us on the
    Top Tip Tuesday Challenge
    hugs Samantha 

    ReplyDelete
  11. THis is such a great card! Love the fun way this opens

    Thanks for playing with us at Top Tip Tuesday this week:0) Oh and saw you on the Outlawz too:)

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. Love that embossed background! Beaytifully coloured image too. Fab colour combo. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafts and Me. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marilyn it's been too long since I've visited your blog, your swing card is just fabulous! I want to try one now too or maybe just come over and make another one with you :)

    Love your Bug A Boo card above, another I'd love to C.A.S.E. hehehe

    Have a good evening my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me again... I C.A.S.E.d your card today and it turned out so cute, thanks for the inspiration my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a sweet card. I love the colours. Thanks for joining the Challenge with Sarah Hurley this time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want the tutorial for this - it's brilliant.
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved this card and have now made one too thanks to your link.
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love this card also. But I have spent hours trying to find the tutorial : (
    Can someone help me with this? I would love to make one for a wedding coming up! Thank you and again I just love the card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete