Saturday, August 13, 2011

Catch The Bug Challenge

Wow, this week certainly went by fast, which means it’s time for another fabulous challenge over at Catch The Bug.  This week our theme is Distressed Shabby Chic.  It’s a good combo, and sure made me put my thinking cap on!

AKV Pumpkin Trio

I’ve used the image “A Kids View – Pumpkin Trio”, and you can find the image HERE.  I colored the image with Copics, then distressed the edges with scissors, and then sponged the edges with Peeled Paint distress ink by Tim Holtz.  The designer paper is from the Sweet Threads paper pad by Basic Grey.  I used a white gel pen and a black sharpie to add the faux stitching on the edges.  The sentiments are rubber stamps from Kraftin Kimmie.

Challenges:

Card Makin Mamas – Challenge #26 Birthday Cards.

Totally Paper Crafts – Challenge #79 Food and Drink.

Come And Get It Challenge – Fall Birthday.

I Did It Creations – Challenge #67 Children.

KB Cute Monday – Challenge #24 Anything Goes Using A Digi.

Make It Monday – Challenge #49 Anything Goes.

Charisma Cardz – Challenge #32 Distressing.

Enjoy your week-end.

Marilyn

16 comments:

  1. I get so excited when I see that you have posted. I LOVE your work!!!
    I've tried coloring this same image but didn't like the way it turned out so now I can use a "master's version" as my guide and maybe have better luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, I love this card! I am such a fall person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card Marilyn!

    Thanks for joining in on the challenge this week at Come and Get It!

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Card Marilyn. Thanks for playing along with the Come and Get it Challenge this week.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Marilyn.....I love everything about this card. It speaks volumes of being a super card...wish I could had thought of something like this and now I have yours to compliment and case. WONDERFUL CARD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Love the Bugaboo image, and how you have so expertly colored it! Neat layout and PPs, too! Thanks for playing along with us at Come and Get It Challenges this week!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable image...great card..love that beautiful orange bow.

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card hun! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome!! Great coloring job!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh lol..what a cute image .. made me chuckle - fab colours too
    thanks for joining us at Make it Monday

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this. Made me smile, great colouring.
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super cute card. Fab image and I love your faux stitching.
    Thanks for joining our 'Food & Drink' challenge at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card. I love the image and your distressing looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Marilyn this is so cute, love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute, cute, cute - love it! Thanks so much for joining in with the Charisma Cardz challenge this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete