Monday, September 12, 2011

A Big Congratulations For Owen!

When I saw these images from Mo’s digital Pencil, of either a boy or girl sitting on the potty, I knew I had to have the boy.  My grandson Owen, was toilet trained at an early age, but for some reason had to have a diaper on when he went for a poop (sorry no delicate way to say it).  My daughter tried everything.  Then she decided enough was enough, she took him into his room gave him 3 diapers, and told him once they are gone, you have to use the potty.  Well, the first day he was quite miserable, and on the second day he decided he needed mommy to sing to him, and by the third day it was all over, and he was completely potty trained, big boy toilet and all….lol  Never thought I’d be posting about my grand-son’s toilet habits!  The best part about my story, is that he had to call Grammy and tell her all about it. 

On The Pot Boy

I decided to make him a little blonde boy, just like Owen is.  The image is colored with Copics.  I also added some pink chalk ink on the cheeks, elbows and knees.  The designer paper is by 3 Bugs In A Rug, and the embossing folder is by Cuttlebug.  The sentiments I did using PSE.

I think both Owen and Mommy are going to get a kick out of this card, and of course Grammy had to include a surprise for her little man!

Marilyn

Challenges:

Mo's Digital Pencil – Challenge #99 Boy Attitude.

Sketch N Stash – Challenge #70 Free Choice (Sketch #42).

Daisy Doodles Creative Challenge – #42 Embossing.

Make It Monday – Challenge #54 Anything Goes.

Polly Craft – Challenge #110 Baby Love.

The Corrosive Challenge – #132 Funny or Punny.

Lollipop Crafts – Eyelets or Brads.

Pile It On – Challenge #37 Layer It.

23 comments:

  1. It's brilliant, Marilyn! Ive heard the very same story from others so I guess its not so strange afterall...:-/ The card you made is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Marilyn..what a lovely little image and fabulous colouring.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo adorable and your colouring is Fantastic..Popped over from Make-it-Monday to have a look..LOz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!! great job. Thanx for sharing on MIM!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn, this must had just come up this afternoon. I spotted it on MAME IT MONDAY. I like the way they are doing the challenge....different. I could spot the darling Mo Manning image a mile away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! LOVE IT! That's wonderful about Owen and know he's going to love the card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made me laugh with your story Marilyn! I have an almost three year old who just outright refuses, lol! This is the perfect congratulatory card for Owen, his mom will love it too. Beautifully colored as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card and a precious post! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card! So cute and the image is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh what a cutie .. and i love the DP
    Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. so sweeeeet !!! great image and colors ! Thanks for joining us this week at Lollipop Crafts. hugs Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sweet, Marilyn! You must be such a cool Grammy for Owen to tell you about this and he's one lucky boy to be getting this fab card! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card,such a sweet image and coloured beautifully,saw it on Make it Monday.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful coloring on this adorable image. The little dinosaur background paper is perfect too! Thanks for sharing your creativity at Pile it On this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Marilyn. What a gorgeous card, aren't Mo's images just brilliant and joy to colour - yours is coloured beautifully. Well done Owen and I bet Mummy is very pleased not to have to deal with nappies anymore! Have come over from Make it Monday. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha Marilyn ,
    Great little story. My grand-daughter has just been trained so I could relate very well.
    Cute as Cute can be is this card, it is a great image. Saw it on MIM.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. awwwwwwww this is adorable... I have 2 great-nieces potty training at the mo too hehehehe.... love the papers & the image & your colouring is awesome :)


    Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... Good Luck :)

    hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow! How sweet! I saw this on Make It Monday and HAD to take a closer look! How inspirational!
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a darling card and your coloring is great. Love the colors you used and great layout. Thank you for joining us this week at the Corrosive Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is FABULOUS, and yay for Owen's accomplishment too! Thanks very much for playing along in our Funny or Punny challenge at Corrosive this fortnight :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Marilyn,
    O this is darling! I love ur coloring and that images is just so sweet! I can see myself using that image to make lots of cards for my friends who have kids at that stage in life. Super cute! Thanks for playing with us at Lollipop Crafts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. awww this is so cute, we have had the same dilema with my Grandson enough was enough as they say and within a couple of days hes in big boy pants and using the toilet......yay, just have to make sure there is always a toilet near by now though.....lo. So glad you joined us at Sketch n stash with your amusing card
    hugs

    ReplyDelete