Friday, September 2, 2011

We’re Sponsoring The Poodles Parlour!

Hey, would you like another chance to win some more gorgeous digital images from Bugaboo Stamps?  Just head on over to The Poodles Parlour where we will be sponsoring their challenge this week, and the amazing prize is 7 digi’s of your choice, from Bugaboo Stamps! The theme is “Animal Antics”.  I was also lucky enough to get to work with one of the images from the Poodles Parlour, and it’s a cute little Polar Bear.  I found a tutorial on Paper Craft Planet for a Stand-Up card, and decided to give it a go!

Polar Bear  1

This is the card when it is closed up, and below is when the card is opened and the image stands up.

 Open Polar Bear 1

I colored the image with copics, and then I cut it out.  I used a Christmas embossing folder by Cuttlebug for the background.  I also used purple ink to stamp snowflakes on the green card stock.  I was quite surprised how quickly this card came together.  I will definitely be doing more of these cards.

I hope you will enter the challenge this week.  We look forward to seeing your cards or projects.  Good luck everyone!

Marilyn

Challenges:

Do You Stack Up – Challenge #35 Friendly Critters.

Divas By Design – Challenge #9 Christmas In August.

Fab n Funky – Challenge #88 Go Mad With Embossing.

For Fun Challenges – It’s Christmas in August.

Stampavie – Challenge #150 Christmas In Summer.

13 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Marilyn - I love the colours and the cute little image. I have the Sweet Stampin' themes for you now, so I'll drop you an email this weekend. Hugs, Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me that link! I had contacted Paul, who commented on your card, and he gave me the link! Your work is just gorgeous! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card - such a fun image and I love the colour combo.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marilyn - I am in LOVE with both of today's cards. The little snowman is sooo cute and I happen to Love snowmen and use them often on my winter cards.

    I also think your Bugaboo cards is sweet too and both have lots of PURPLE...making them a joy!!

    Thanks for sharing...you can feel free to send either to me! :)

    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't these pop up cards fun?! I love how you've used the embossing folder for this, very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marilyn,
    Absolutely Gorgeous Pop Up Card!!! Love what you've created with my little digi...Thank You so much. Love the dp and the embossed background looks fab. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is soo Adorable Miss Marilyn! love your cute little polar bear and fabulous coloring! The colors are wonderful and love the embossed bg too1 I have the EF and have never used it. So thanks so much for the inspiration Lady!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute card and design. love the purple and green together.

    Thanks for getting a Christmas card done with us at For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you again Wednesday when the new challenge is posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh what a fab card - love the pop up element.. and gorgeous colours and embossing
    Thanks for joining us at Diva's by design this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute image! Gorgeous card!

    Thanks so much for joining us at SAM this time.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL and very creative card. LOVE it!! Thank you for playing along with DYSU challenge. Tenny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet! Thanks for joining us for the Do You Stack Up Challenge Blog Friendly Critter Challenge! Please join us again for the next challenge!

    ~Heather
    Kurly-Q

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so cute thanx for droping by my blog and for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete