Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Countdown Calendar

A while ago I found a tutorial in the Card Making and Papercraft Magazine for a Christmas Countdown Calendar, and I loved it so much, that I decided to make one for my grand-son.  What fun I had making this calendar, and would definitely do more of them. 

P1040564

Isn’t it sweet!  My only problem with making this calendar was, that I didn’t have a Cinch or a Bind-It All machine.  So, I just punched the holes with a hole punch, and then wound the wire threw the holes.  It turned out find, but I have to say my hands were a little sore.  The calendar base is thick cardboard with designer paper clued to both sides, hence the sore hands!  The calendar stays open “tent” style.

I used three images on the calendar, which I colored with copics and then cut them out and added them to the base.  The penguin has black fun flock for this body, and white liquid applique for the hat and pompom.  The reindeer were cut using a MS border punch.  I did the words on PSE, then just cut them out.  I used a Sakura glitter pen on the “Sleeps Til”.  I wanted a little glitter there.  The numbers were done with a Cricut cartridge and Cricut colored pens.

P1040568

This picture just shows the “little Elf” which is kind of a little surprise once you reach Christmas Eve.  The three images from Bugaboo Stamps are “Elf Pocket”, “Poppi Christmas Stocking” and “Dog – Candy Cane”.  You can find these at the Bugaboo Stamps online store, where there is currently a 50% off sale going on.  Have fun shopping!

The “bling” I added are on the reindeer noses, and the number “24”.  I used a black Sakura glaze pen on the black spots of the dog.

So, that’s my Christmas Countdown Calendar, and my daughter tells me Owen loved it!  Have a wonderful week-end, and thanks for taking the time to check out my calendar.

Marilyn

Challenges:

Make It Monday – #67 Anything Goes.

For Fun Challenges – Christmas Anything Goes.

2 Sisters Challenge – #70 Kid’s Christmas.

One Stop Craft Challenge – Week 162 Christmas Sparkle.

Sweet Stampin' Challenge – Sparkle and Bling.

Crafty Catz Weekly – #113 Santa’s Hat.

Jellypark Challenges – Anything But A Card.

My Mum's Craft Shop – #36 Cute and Funky.

Divas By Design – #17 Merry Christmas.

OLLCB – #95 Anything But A Card.

16 comments:

  1. What a super Christmas calendar. I want one!
    Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous calendar Marilyn, I took mine to a stationary shop and they whipped my coil in for $2 and put a clear protector on the front.But good on you for doing what you did, looks awesome.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Marilyn! This is amazing! And what a fabulous idea to help a little one count down to Christmas (very educational too, she says with her "teacher" hat on!!). Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' and for being such a wonderful Guest Designer for us this year. Merry Christmas! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fab love it thank you for playing along with us at crafty catz this week linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marilyn
    A gorgeous calendar,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous Marilyn.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is as cute as can be! what a fun idea!
    thank you so much for playing along in our 'Anything but a Card' challenege at Jellypark Friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at MMCS cute & funky challenge, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever idea & I am sure your grandson loves it. Thanks for joining us at Divas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marilyn... what a fun creation this is... wonderfully colourful! Thank you for sharing with us at For Fun Challenges! And have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!
    hugs,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an awesome idea I might have to steal. Great idea, thanks for sharing with us at For Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it!! Fantastic idea!
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful project with us at Ooh la la; we hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project. Thank you for joining in the Sweet Stampin'challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Marilyn! What a great countdown, I was looking with my daughter & she's put her order in for next year already!! Thanks for guest designing so wonderfully & playing along with Sweet Stampin' x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I like the # of sleeps till Christmas. I just learned about it a couple days ago when my friend was talking about it having it on her phone. Thought it was a totally cute ideal.

    Thanks for playing with us at For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you this week as we have a new challenge posted.

    ReplyDelete