Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I’m Back…….

Wow, I can’t believe i haven’t posted or worked on cards since last year, no wonder I am having crafting withdrawals!!  I’ve also become a Pinterest fan (well maybe more of an addict).  I have found lots and lots of craft ideas and tutorials.  I’m also enjoying trying out my hand at punch art, instead of always coloring an image with copics.  So I have been buying punches to add to my huge pile of craft supplies.  Well, a girl can never have too much….lol!

I found a tutorial on Pinterest for making Hydrangea’s.  You can find all the info here.  She has many amazing tutorials.  I cased her design, but added a few of my own elements.

Mother's Day Flowers

This is a Mother’s Day card for my daughter Stacey.  I think she will love it, like I do!  The punches I used were by Martha Stewart.  The window was cut out using a Spellbinder die.  I hope  you will give this a try, it’s very simple and elegant.

Thanks for poppin’ by!

Marilyn

Challenges:

Incy Wincy Designs – #143 Mother’s Day or Girly.

Papertake Weekly – Anything Goes.

Shopping Our Stash – #50 Mother’s Day or Girly.

Sweet Stamps Blog – #63 For Mom.

Crafting For All Seasons – #26 Handmade Flowers.

Crafty Creations Challenges – #168 Mother’s Day.

Papercraft Star – #95 Mother’s Day.

The Outlawz Challenges – Twisted Thursday Mother’s Day.

18 comments:

  1. Marilyn, it's so great to have you back in Blogland! And what a comeback it is, with such a fabulous card - those hydrangeas are amazing! Hugs, Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn! I missed you, I was wondering what happened to you, so glad your back! Your cards are stunning, loving the new punched flowers!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW- this is just gorgeous! I love the flowers- and the beautiful sentiment- love the punching around the sentiment. Thank You so much for joining us at Sweet Stamps For Mom Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Marilyn, the colors are fabulous and I love your flowers. Thanks for joining us this week for the Papercraft Star "Mother's Day challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful card,I love the flowers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card, I love the punched hydrangeas! Thanks for joining us at SweetStamps.com and good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card....the verse is so sweet and I LOVE your hydrangeas! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Thank you for playing along at Incy Wincy Designs this time x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh, what a labor of love! These are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those clusters of flowers. It really adds beautiful detailing to your card. Thank you for joining us at SweetStamps this week, with show a gorgeous Mother's Day card.

    Hugs.
    Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back to blogging! You were missed! So happy you joined us this week at Shopping Our Stash with your stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is gorgeous. I love the hydrangeas and the white frame in the purple frame. Hope Stacey has a lovely birthday (my daughter is a Stacey too). Thank you for joining our challenge at SweetStamps.com and good luck in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely stunning, Marilyn! I must make a trip over to see how those hydrangeas are made! WOW! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marilyn, this is stunning! Thanks so much for linking my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Marilyn, this is stunning. Just saw it that you made top 3 at Shopping Our Stash weekly and just had to have a closer look. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a beautiful card! It brightened up my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely wonderful!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow gorgeous flowers, they look so real.

    ReplyDelete