Thursday, May 10, 2012

Parchment and Rubber Stamps

The Sweet Stamps Blog is challenging us to use Parchment paper and rubber stamps.  So I thought I would give it a try.  I’ve done two of them. One to fit the challenge, and then I thought I would try one with just embossing and white ink. 

Thank You

I’ve used a stamp and sentiment I got free with a magazine.  I used clear ink and then embossed it with bronze embossing powder.  I colored the image with markers.  I didn’t want to see the tape behind the parchment (vellum) so I attached it with bronze brads.  I made the butterfly with a Martha Stewart punch. 

Here is the second card I made with just embossing.

Parchment Birthday

I like this look, but I could use a little more practice, and of course, it’s still good to try something different.  The butterfly is also a Martha Stewart punch.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you are having a crafty day!

Marilyn

Challenges:

Sweet Stamps Blog – #64 Parchment Crafting with Rubber Stamps.

Fussy and Fancy Friday – #62 Butterflies, Ribbons and Punches.

Anything Goes Challenge – #66 Things With Wings.

Make It Monday – #88 Anything Goes.

The Outlawz – Tuesday CC (Blue, Palm Green, Red Riding Hood) with a Red Embellishment.

Creative Craft Challenge – Anything Goes.

Crafty Ribbons – #19 Flowers.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! These are fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week! For a chance at a second prize, don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cards.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, love the colours and LO, thanks for joining our challenge at Anything Goes, Gaynor DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card! I simply adore the colours you've used- so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are gorgeous. The vellum gives them such an elegant look. Beautiful! Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty ribbons! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons. Good luck
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi

    Wow, stunning card!! The flowers just look amazing.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so elegant love it!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!!
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are divine, I love your parchment work.
    I saw it on MIM

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards Marilyn :-) both of them are beautiful :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Crafty Ribbons Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! I love the embossing! You have made two GORGEOUS CARDS! Very lovely!
    Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!
    Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete