Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Birthday Card!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Don’t you just love the “Golden Oldies” stamps by Art Impressions!  They are such a hoot!!  I decided to use this guy to make a birthday card for a friend.  Although, he is only going to be 35 he is always saying that “he is getting so old”.  So I thought I would give him a preview of what getting old really looks like…..lol.  I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday for the layout of the card.  I left it quite simple since it is a card for a man. 

Supplies:  Rubber stamp from AI, MFT sentiment stamp, Spellbinders A & B rectangles, Sakura glaze pens, Michaels card stock and Copic markers.

Challenges:

Sketch Saturday Challenge – #293 sketch.

A Gem Of A Challenge – #111 For The Boys.

Crafty Calendar Challenge – Let’s Celebrate.

Sister Act Card Challenge – #40 Anything Goes.

Stampin For The Weekend – Happy Birthday.

Charisma Cardz Challenge – #2 It’s A Boy Thing.

Seize The Birthday – Coloring.

Cardz 4 Guys – #1 Happy Birthday.

 

12 comments:

  1. This is adorable, love the image! Thanks for joining Cardz4Guys happy birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he, I'm sure your friend will appreciate this. Thanks for playing along at our first challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply wonderful indeed, I do love the simplicity and clean, fresh look. Isn't he just adorable? thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card sure made me smile!
    Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great masculine card and such a fun image! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! Love the bold colours and how you coloured the image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK-Let me know. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card, love the image and that it is for a guy turning 35...too funny. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week. ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us over at Charisma Cardz this challenge. Good luck in the draw!

    Lisa xox
    Paper Craft Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. Great image. Thanks for joining in our "Let's Celebrate" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete