Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year–New Stash!

Living in Canada is a beautiful thing!  Dealing with the extreme weather conditions is not so beautiful!.  Last week we suffered through days of frigid cold weather.  One day it actually went down to –55 C. with the wind chill.  Today it’s plus 7 C. and pouring rain.  I see lots of icy roads in my future!  On the plus side it’s a perfect day to play around with some of my new Christmas stash.

One of my favorite things is receiving Simon Says Stamps kits.  I just got the January card kit.  I decided to start making a Valentine’s Day card since the kit was all about Valentine’s day. 

Here is a cute little picture of my creation!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I love the little monster.  It’s nice to have something fun instead of always mushy…lol.  Everything on the card is from the kit.  Except for the dies and ink.  The black washi tape is from another card kit from last year.  It’s hard to tell from the picture but the layering card stock is a dark grey and not black.  I paper pieced the little monster and used sakura glazed pens on the eyes and tongue.  I got the idea to paper piece the monster from the insert that comes with the kit.

Supplies: SSS Only Have Eyes For You Stamp Set, 6x6 paper pad Fancy Pants Beloved Collection, Hero Arts Clear Gemstones, Bazzill card stock – marshmallow and dark grey.

Challenges:

Sketch Saturday – Sketch #291

Simon Says Stamp – Something New.

5 comments:

  1. Fun Valentine Marilyn. I love Simon Says kits. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Marilyn :-) I love this kit too ! the little monster is adorable isn't he !! :-)

    Do you add your kit creations to the galleries ?? we would love to see them linked there as well :-) There is a gallery for each kit :-)
    http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/january-2014-card-kit-gallery/

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, Marilyn! Love the papers and fun little monster! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun valentines day card, I love the image and the sentiment too. Thanks for playing along with Sketch Saturday this week, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete