Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pretty Little Thank You Card!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I have been working on this card for a while now.  I just couldn’t decide how to finish it off.  I got as far as the embossing, cut out heart and ribbon then I was stuck.  So I put it away until I had an “ah ha” moment.  This is the finished product.  I find I don’t often think to do “Thank You” cards.  Is it just me or are thank you cards a thing of the past"?  We tend to say thank you threw emails or texting…oh well!  I know I would be happy to receive a thank you card, especially a handmade one!

I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder which I inked up with a distress ink called cotton candy.  Then I cut out the heart using a spellbinders die.  I did a bit of ribbon folding on the top.  Layered with grey card stock and tape then embellished with a flower and sentiment and a wee little butterfly!   Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!

Supplies: MFT stamp and flower die, Cuttlebug embossing folder, MS butterfly and border punch, SSS heart stamp, Little B Tape and Spellbinders die. 

Challenges:

Penny's Paper Crafty – #160 Embellishments.

Inky Impressions Challenge – Pink and Girly.

Cheerful Stamp Pad – #77 Use Some Ribbon.

Creative Creations Challenges – Anything Goes.

Simon Says Stamp Blog – Anything Goes.

Come And Get It Challenge – Butterflies or Dragonfilies.

All Sorts Challenge – Week 241 Ribbons.

In The Pink – #35 Anything Goes.

Crafting By Designs – Flowers.

8 comments:

  1. So pretty, great card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card...thanks for joining us at In The Pink..Hugz Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Marilyn, Great design & Elements!

    Good to see you join us for the CAGI Challenge & Blog Hop, hope to you come back soon!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this lovely card for Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 77: use some ribbon - Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet design and card! Love the embossed background. The flower with leafy backdrop is so pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Marilyn! Love the gorgeous embossing & your beautiful use of ribbon!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Creations Challenges!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Beautiful card! I love everything about it! That chalkboard effect is awesome inside the heart!

    ReplyDelete