Sunday, February 23, 2014

Beach Babes!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Well I have finally used the last of my Art Impressions rubber stamps.  I have to say I always have a good chuckle when I am coloring the images.  This one had me humming the song “Beach Babes” by the Beach Boys the whole time I was working on it! The girls remind me, of me and my friends!  I intend to use this for a birthday card.  I still have to finish the inside.  I seem to always put it off and get stuck doing a punch at one time…..big sigh!

I used my trusty Copics to color the image and layered it on pink and then green card stock by Simon Says Stamp.  They have beautiful colors and the card stock is heavy weight.  It stands tall and doesn’t warp in the middle….I just love it!!  The flowers are cut using a Memory box die called “Petal Party”.   I used the MS leaf punch for the branches under the flowers.  The designer papers are from two different paper packs.  One is Mariposa Matstack and the other is Echo Park – Happy Days.  Brads and ribbon are both by Crafts. 

Challenges:

Sketch Saturday – Sketch #298.

Allsorts Challenges – Week 247 Ladies Day.

Crazy 4 Challenges – #224 Inspired By Music.

Sweet Stampin Challenges – Humour.

The Squirrel and the Fox – #64 Something Spooled.

Card Makin Mamas – #81 Stack It Up. (3 or more layers)

Crafty Ribbons Challenge – #77 Anything Goes.

The Paper Shelter – #146 Punches and Dies.

Crafting From The Heart – Anything Goes plus use flowers.

Divas By Design – Rubber Stamps Only.

 

 

 

19 comments:

  1. Super card, I love these gorgeous gals, I've got that stamp somewhere!! Love the flowers too, a great added touch and your colouring is FAB!
    Thank you for playing along at Diva's this week for our Rubber challenge and good luck
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous fun card Marilyn, just love the image! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Ladies Day challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Marilyn..the girls are just fabulous and love your colouring..lol..they really are gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great fun card Marilyn and perfect for our Ladies Day theme, thank so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    I would love it if you joined in my Spellbinder blog celebration here, if you already have my thanks.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card, thanks for playing at crafty ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this image and sentiment! Fab card!
    Thank you for sharing the humour at Sweet Stampin this month, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol I did laugh when i saw this I just love the image. Your colouring is fabulous. Thank you for plying with us at Crafting From The Heart, we hope you will join in again soon. Tracy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous colouring of these bathing beauties. Great card Marilyn.
    Thanks for joining us at TPS this week. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun and charming! Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my this is a great card Marilyn, so fun! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an incredible card - love the image & your colouring is just fab! - Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marilyn,
    This is fab. What a brilliant image, coloured beautifully. I love it! Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Love the colors. Thanks for playing at Crafting From the Heart. Good luck. Hope to see you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having a wee chuckle here, Marilyn, reminds me of fabulous family holidays, and Postcards to be bought...many thanks for sharing with us at Crafting from the Heart, best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is such a great image, it makes me giggle! Fabulous card - I love the gorgeous ribbon! Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just adorable! Thanks for joining us at Crafting From The Heart, I hope you will join us again soon,
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card and totally fun image!
    Thank you for playing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant card. Fab image.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this image and its coloured perfectly. Those ladies will get a sunburn I believe! Thanks for sharing with us at CMM and playing in our Stack it up challenge this fortnight. Your card started my day with a smile.

    ReplyDelete