Sunday, March 9, 2014

Birthday Girl!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I saw a lot of tutorials for hair colors using Copics on Pinterest.  I came across this one using the colors RV91, RV93, RV95 and RV99.  She called it “sugar plum”.  I really liked it and wanted to try it, so I dug out ‘Lavinia” by  Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps.  I needed something with lots of hair…lol.   It is a little hard to see the plum color in this picture but it turned out really nice.  Then I went with the color teal for her dress to bring out the color in her hair.  I am using the sketch from Sketch Saturday for the layout of my card.  I used a MS border punch for the background and added some ribbon.  The flowers I found at the dollarama ages ago and never had any use for them.  They look like paper in this picture but they are actually colored metal.  They had a very bright orange center which I removed and replaced with pearls.  Then I added a tiny little pearl for her ear-ring. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Hope you had a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

Challenges:

Sketch Saturday – Sketch #300.

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps – #220 Stash It Up!

The ABC Challenge – G is for Girls.

Totally Papercrafts – #209 Female Birthday with Sentiment or number.

DL Art Challenges – #127 Image or Girl or Lady.

Little Red Wagon – #227 Punch It Up!

Through The Craft Room Door – Anything Goes.

Come and Get It Challenges – Ribbons and Bows.

Treasured Times Challenges – #13 Anything Goes with Layering.

My Time To Craft Challenges – #238 Frame It!

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Love this fun creation, gorgeous colours. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Totally Papercrafts.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute stamp and I love her funky hair colour.....great card Marilyn. Thanks for joining us this week over at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Marilyn. What a cute card and very nice coloring. Especially her hair. Your bow is tied so nicely. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny- DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card. Love your colours and colouring. Thank you for joining us at Come and get It this week. Hope to see you back here soon. Judy DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cute and so adorable Love the image and you colored her beautifully

    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #127 girl or lady image challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the colors on this card. Thanks for telling us what you use. Sadly I don't have those colors - but they are certainly on my wish list now. Fabulous coloring and beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and lovely colouring, Thanks for joining in on My Time to Craft this week, Love Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this cute KK image. You have coloured her beautifully and I love all of your pretty design choices. It's great to see you playing along with us at Sketch Saturday! Good Luck! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love the purple hair!!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! Thanks for playing with us at KKS :)

    ReplyDelete