Saturday, March 8, 2014

Head Over Heels Birthday Card!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Ever buy a stamp and then once you get home you are never quite sure what to do with it?  Well, that was my problem with this Penny Black Hedgehog stamp.  I have had it for ages, inked it up a couple of times but never knew what to use it for.  I think mostly it was trying to find a sentiment that would work with it.  So I just figured I would just use it as a birthday card and I am very happy with how it turned out.

I used the Simon Says Stamp medium tag dies and cut out the hedgehogs and attached them to the dies.  I made each tag stand out a bit more than the previous one using dimensional foam.  Then I added some ribbon to the tags and black ribbon to the background.  The doily is a Cheery Lynn Designs die called “French Pastry”. 

Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp – Tag It!

Sister Act Card Challenge – #47 Anything Goes.

Fussy and Fancy Challenges – #109 Birthdays.

4 Krafty Girlz Challenges – #13 Anything Goes.

Shopping Our Stash – #133 (3 tags, 2 different ribbons, 1 doily).

Make It Monday – #181 Always Anything Goes.

Challenges 4 Everybody – #39 Anything Goes.

Seize The Birthday – Anything Goes.

2 Sisters Challenges – #174 Black, White plus one color.

That Craft Place – Anything Goes.

10 comments:

  1. Saw this on Make It Monday…Love it!! Feel free to check out my entries..so far that would be #’s 5, 6, 140, 141 and 236. 
    Be sure to check out the HUGE blog candy I have on my blog right now!! http://busyinspirations.blogspot.com/
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little hedgehogs are so very cute! I love the colors and the tags you used. Just darling. What a fun card!! Thank you so much for linking it up to Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute love your little hedges. Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday
    Hugs
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the cute hedgehog image on the tags and perfect B.paper-thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! One of my favourite colour combos. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just popping back in to let you know I featured your fun card on my blog as a POTW from last week's MIM entries.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card!! Such a cute image and fun design!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card. The lilly hedgehogs are super cute! Thanks for playing along at 2 Sisters this month. jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute card. I love Penny black image. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those hedgies! Thanks for joining us this week at the Sister Act Card Challenge! Hope to see you again next week! Sheena B.

    ReplyDelete