Friday, April 24, 2015

Best Of Friends!

I am a huge fan of Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and when I saw this stamp set I knew I had to have it!!  This stamp set is called “Squishy Hugs”.  It comes with three stamps and a whole bunch of sentiments!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

So, now it’s confession time….I decided to try for the first time the ‘no lines’ technique.  Well, I wasn’t exactly pleased with it…..I had my card all finished but when I took some pictures you could see all my missteps!  I think I really need to practice that technique a lot more. So, I colored the image again and I cut it out and pasted the girls to the card. So, now I just noticed that there is a few places where a tiny bit of white shows up from where I didn’t cut quite close enough…..I’m calling them highlights!

I crocheted my flower and added a brad for the center.  The flower was crocheted using a very tiny hook and embroidery floss.  It usually takes one whole skein.  I believe this one was done using three strands instead of the six.  I had completely forgotten that I had done a whole bunch of these ages ago and found them when I was looking for something else….that always happens!  The doily is a die from Cheery Lynn, the butterflies and leaves are punches by Martha Stewart and my designer papers are just left overs I had hanging around!

Challenges:

Addicted To Stamps Challenge – #102 Girly But No Pink.

The EastWind Challenge – #29 Fibre-licious.

Card Mania Challenge – #67 Flowers.

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge – #137 Dots.

Digi Choosday Challenge – Spots and Dots.

Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge – #148 Flowers.

Crafty Creations Challenge – #287 Seeing Spots.

Crafty Glas Challenge – #16 Girls.

Inky Impressions Challenge – #206 Punch It.

Whimsy Stamps Challenge – #82 Color An Image.

Aud Sentiments Challenge – #130 Things With Wings/Sentiment.

C.R.A.F.T. Challenges – #308 Make Your Own Embellishments.

Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge – #276 Things With Wings.

Simply Papercraft Challenge – #3 Anything Goes/Layers.

13 comments:

  1. Aw so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love this card and stamp wish they did them in digital

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous love your fab colouring and how it all co-ordinates so well with the papers and embellishments. Thank you for sharing with us at the CRAFT challenge. Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Marilyn, great colours, love the image and your colouring is always fabulous!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm still too scared to try the "no lines" coloring so kudos to you for trying. Great save though, I would never have guess you fussy cut and pasted over the original and that coloring is fab! Great patience with your beautiful flower too. Thanks so much for joining us at The East Wind. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. So super cute and I love your flower!!! Fabulous. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Thanks for sharing at Crafty Gals Corner challenge this week. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Love all the layers on your card and the sweet image. Beautiful colouring.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. I hope to see you again soon. Good luck!
    ♥ Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card. Your images is wonderful and beautifully coloured. I love your blue and purple colour theme and your crochet flower is very pretty. Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card and just perfect for our 'Spots & Dots' challenge at Digi Choosday Challenge. Thanks for joining in the fun with us! Yvonne (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenge. Good luck!

    Hugs, Evie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card and I love the images. I have not tried no line as it scares me just the thought. I am so glad you joined us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card! I like the idea of decoupaging the girls on the top - we don't often do that with stamps and it's a useful way of covering something we aren't happy with. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers & more...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete