I decided to break out the rubber stamps and give them some love! This is a Magnolia rubber stamp. I’ve had them for ages, and finally decided to color them. I can’t remember what the boys are called, feel free to leave me a comment if you know the name.
I colored the little guy with my copics, and then cut him out, so that he would appear to be sitting on the edge of the layers. I used the Sakura glitter pen on his wings. The designer papers are from the Graphic 45 paper pad, and Cappella paper pad by Basic Grey. I also used Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, around the edges of the turquoise card stock. Flowers, ribbon and buttons are from my scrap pile.
For the butterfly I stamped acetate and heated set it, then hand cut a butterfly from a template. Then I added a smaller version of the butterfly in turquoise card stock and then added the gems for the body. I believe the tutorial for the butterfly was from a magazine, that I got ages ago! Here is a close up of the butterfly.
Now you can see the stamped image on the acetate. They were very simple to make, and I love how they look. It would also make a great card just using the butterfly as the focal point.
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog – Challenge #50 Recipe.
Outlawz Challenges – Color Challenge (Brown and Turquoise) plus distressing.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by.